• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

We Need Your Help!

disc_golfing_fool

Birdie Member
Fellow Disc Golfers:

I am appealing to the many friends I have made through this amazing sport. One of our own needs our help. Carved into the mountainside way out in the Adirondack foothills, there is a gem of a course that is ailing. One man paid for the land, the equipment, and the baskets; and then broke his back building a fantastic disc golf course. When he started out, he was sure that others would come to help him. Many came, and quickly went, when they saw the enormity of the task ahead of them. It took several years, but eventually the course was completed (largely through the effort of one man, and a little help from just a few friends). Hundreds of people came to play, but very few offered the support that the course so desperately needs. One man broke his back, and his bank, giving of himself for the greater good.

Hyzer Creek Disc Golf Course (www.hyzercreek.com) needs our help. I have spoken with Morgan who has agreed that pins may be sponsored by a group of people going in together on the pin. I, and a few others, have committed to sponsoring a pin at Hyzer Creek, and we are reaching out to you at this time. For your donation, your pin sponsorship buys you lifetime greens fees at Hyzer Creek. Many have already stepped up with $40 sponsorships, and one person has pledged $100.

Please consider sponsoring a pin, you will receive recognition on the tee sign, and since there are several of us the maintenance will be a snap. But, more importantly, a donation will provide you the privilege of playing an amazing private course any time you want to, for free, for life.

I would also like to respectfully request that the local DG organizations, CNYDGA, Skylands, M.St., NEFA, and the many others I do not know, all consider sponsoring pins (or perhaps splitting a pin sponsorship) at Hyzer Creek to support this fledgling course and club.

Come visit the CRDGA at: http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/CapitalRegionDiscGolfAssociation/

Please contact me by PM or email if you are interested in helping us out.
Please consider a minimum $20-$40 donation to support a course that really needs your support.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Regards,
Steve