• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wearing a Wedding ring while throwing LHBH

DeweyJT

Random question for married (or engaged) lefty throwers (specifically LHBH) do you wear your wedding ring when you play?

If you do you notice any issues with grip/release?

I get married in a couple months and just realized that it may be an issue.

Thoughts?

Played with a lefty, who was married, in a tournament years ago. He missed a 5ft putt after his putter caught on his ring. He took his ring off for the rest of the round.

Why not just wear the ring on your right hand?

Never had a problem while throwing discs or plates LHBH at the wife. Just kidding....happily married 27 years. Best wishes to all who are newlyweds or about to pop the question!

I am primary LHBH, never had a problem with the ring catching on a disc or affecting the throw.

I use a fork-type grip with mids and a power grip on drivers.
For putters, I use a McBeth-style grip (fan with the index on the rim).

I am a RHBH and I always take off my ring. It flew off one time and scared me enough that I will never risk it again.

(my wife is unaware of the frequency of my disc golfing, she would be more mad how I lost it than that I lost it at all)

I am a RHBH and I always take off my ring. It flew off one time and scared me enough that I will never risk it again.

(my wife is unaware of the frequency of my disc golfing, she would be more mad how I lost it than that I lost it at all)

Cheap silicon bands are where it's at. I switch out to a QALO band when I disc golf. You can find cheaper ones through amazon too.

Cheap silicon bands are where it's at. I switch out to a QALO band when I disc golf. You can find cheaper ones through amazon too.

Why would you bother keeping a band on at all when you disc golf? Why not just not wear a ring?

I've had a few instances where my putter got hung up on my ring, so I move it to my right hand for DG...

I'd say just take it off if you are stressed about it, or just switch it to your right hand while you play.

Because I like wearing my wedding ring

Fair enough :)

I guess if baseball pitchers making millions can pitch 98 mph with giant g-chains on there is no need to remove a ring to play disc golf for free.

Quit complaining, you have an advantage already. Everyone knows all courses are lefty friendly. Lol