• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Weekday 1-day Tourneys

MNthrow

Par Member
Since we live in a full 7-day work week where most places are open everyday, the weekends aren't something that mean as much as they used to. Why aren't there alot more C-tier tourneys around. I am a Salesman so I make most of my money on Saturdays and would cost me money by taking that day off.

I know alot of people who would love to play but can't take random Saturdays off. Have a tournament be a local thing C or B, start of 4-5pm shotgun to even accomidate someone who can get out of work at 3-ish.

Am I alone on this?

Yes. But I am wondering more about stand-alone tourneys, for people who aren't looking to play some form of competitive set-up every week. Just allowing more options overall.

The majority of people still work Mon-Fri. Weekday tournaments simply will not draw the same numbers.

Trying to start at the end of the workday will make it tough to get two rounds done before dark.

If you host it, they will come...

Seriously, I fall into the "busy Saturday" category.
I would play in a tourney during the week.

Its the same reason that some of the fancier chain businesses don't bother to put up a store in a town of 10,000 people or smaller. Not enough demand. Check the traffic (or lack thereof) on your local courses around noon on a weekday, versus a Saturday or Sunday and you'll have your answer.

Being a weekend worker, I would love to see one day two rounders on Wednesdays too, but there just aren't enough of us in a particular area to make that tournament feasible. Someday perhaps.

But again if you're not looking to play every week.

There aren't many leagues that require you to show up every week. Just show up and play when you feel like it. A league night basically is a one-round tournament with a little less fanfare.

Which again begs the question, why not just do a weekly PDGA league?

There were several PDGA leagues that popped up in my area, but after everyone started complaining @ their ratings, they simply disappeared.
*Didn't matter to me, I'm not a PDGA member*
:|

If there was enough interest in such a thing, it would exist.

Drum up enough interest, and make it exist, if you be so bold.

There aren't many leagues that require you to show up every week. Just show up and play when you feel like it. A league night basically is a one-round tournament with a little less fanfare.

But alot of people like the fanfare, it alone is a draw. Shoiwing up on a league for one night can feel akward for some people. I also see alot of use on the courses after work on the weekdays which made me think of this.

Why not a two-round, two-day C-tier on, say, a Wednesday/Thursday where each round starts at 5:30 or 6:00pm?

here in Spotsy they do a week's worth (Monday-Thursday actually) of one day C tiers leading up to the Two Days in May A-tier at the Blockhouse. they have been well received.