• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Weekend from Chicago Input

Follow on question:

I think I'm going to either do MO/KC or Pittsburgh/Paw Paw/other WV next. I'd like to do both next year, but which would you choose first?

MO/KC allows me to hit Centralia and Harmony Bends and is probably a bit less driving, but I think the scenery would be better on the other trip.

If WV, what courses do you recommend besides the Paw Paw area? I plan to cross most of the state. Any northwest Virginia worth hitting? Might try to return to Idlewild on the trip home too. Another bonus, there are several national parks I could consider passing through.

I love stopping in the Pittsburgh area since I drive by it 1+ times a year for the past 30 years. Deer Lakes is my favorite there but 3 others north of town (all near the major hiways are great too). Don't overlook Knob Hill, it gets less attention than Moraine and NB but is really good.

I'm trying to play Foundation and Harmony Bends next week (an extra 7 hrs) on a road trip all the way from the east coast.

WV...Seth Burton and Orange Crush are in the same park with major hills or Grand Vue Pk in Moundsville, WV isn't far from 470/70 and < 1 hr from Pittsburgh, again major elevation.

Greater Minneapolis (including St. Cloud) is indeed worth the drive, my favorite up there is Hidden Lake near St. Cloud.

Also along the way is a seriously great course in Justin Trails Big Brother, that's one I really want to revisit at some point before the unspeakable happens.

I spent one great day in Minneapolis and have spent a few in northern Wisconsin but haven't gotten to either of these. Came close to Justin Trails, may have to flag it for next trip.

Latest posts