• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Weekend in Asheville.....

Jackson park in Hendersonville is close and a fun course. When are you coming in? What breweries?

Richmond Hill for sure! I didn't care for Sandhill myself. Also, I just played Harmon Hills for the first time last weekend. Great course. Frustrating for a noodle arm like me, but lots of fun.

If you are going to Pisgah Brewing, they have a 9-holer out back. Their map is out of date, but it can be figured out. If you are not going to Pisgah for beer, don't go just for the disc golf. They will pour your beer in a plastic cup if you want to have a beer with your round. If you go to Pisgah, Lookout Brewing is also in Black Mountain and I think everyone who works there is a disc golfer. I'd skip the local muni course in BM unless you're ticking off courses.

Whistle Hop Brewing has something of a course. It looked so bad we didn't even try it, but the beers were nice.

Not that you asked about breweries, but the Sierra Nevada facility down in Fletcher is pretty damned amazing and they had 7 IPAs on last weekend. I've been to every brewery in the immediate area except Zebulon if you need any recs in that regard.

Yeah we are definitely doing Richmond Hill. Just trying to squeeze another course or 2 in. Reading other stuff seems like there's not really a consensus on the 2nd best one to play.

I've been to most of the breweries up there but my friends haven't so gonna play it by ear and see how it goes and what they wanna hit. Doing the tours at Burial and at the Funkatorium. Those are the only 2 set in stone. Probably Sierra on the way out. Hopefully New Belgium since I haven't been yet.

Probably Sierra on the way out. Hopefully New Belgium since I haven't been yet.

New Belgium has a cool spot right on the river. I just went there the first time last weekend as well. And David Wiggins could probably throw a disc from New Belgium to Wedge Brewing. Of the newer spots, I really enjoyed Bhramari Brewing and Sweeten Creek Brewing, both of which have food as well.

Also, skip Lake Julian course. Decent course but nothing special and they are in the process of adding holes and navigation was a mess, IMO. I have heard good things about Jackson Park that lines mentioned above but have not been yet.

Yeah we are definitely doing Richmond Hill. Just trying to squeeze another course or 2 in. Reading other stuff seems like there's not really a consensus on the 2nd best one to play.

I've been to most of the breweries up there but my friends haven't so gonna play it by ear and see how it goes and what they wanna hit. Doing the tours at Burial and at the Funkatorium. Those are the only 2 set in stone. Probably Sierra on the way out. Hopefully New Belgium since I haven't been yet.

I loved Jackson Park. I'd put it very close to Richmond Hill in quality. If you have the time to drive a bit Harmon Hills is the shiz.

fyi, I thought Asheville Brewing has very good beer and GREAT pizza. Wicked Weed is the best brewery though. I didn't like the Funkatorium, it specializes in sour beers (yuck) and is rather expensive. Richmond Hill is a must play and Harmon Hills is worth the 2 hr drive!

If you head up to Harmon, I'd go ahead and stop by Winged Deer on the way.. Depending on how much you want to drive I'd also hit Ashe County but it's 2+ hours NE of Asheville and not on the way to Harmon.

If you can get onto the Wintersun course!!! Play it you will not be disappointed. There is a video on you tube from last years tournament you can watch. Barry Schults won the event..