• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Well, poop!

racer93

Double Eagle Member
So I dyed one of my E* bosses that I loved and I'll be damned if the top didn't flatten and the PLH raised by 1-2mm! Yikes!

Any way of lowering the PLH and/or getting the dome back on discs that have been accidentally "flattened"? I'm bummed because these E* bosses are just sweet discs straight out of the box--not too overstable and have tons o' glide. I hope I don't have to replace it...

Daniel

I've always heard that if you put a disc flight plate down in a bowl and poor really hot water on the underside of the flight plate it will bring the dome back. don't know how well it works on Star plastic.

I've always heard that if you put a disc flight plate down in a bowl and poor really hot water on the underside of the flight plate it will bring the dome back. don't know how well it works on Star plastic.

Hmm...sounds like it might work...

This will flatten it out, not bring dome back. Think about it, you're applying pressure in a way that will flatten the flight plate, and the added weight of the water will help accelerate this precess even more.

This will flatten it out, not bring dome back. Think about it, you're applying pressure in a way that will flatten the flight plate, and the added weight of the water will help accelerate this precess even more.

I took it as turning the disc upside down in a bowl with the water accumulated in the bottom of the flight plate. Get it?

I tried it...didn't work. I hope it doesn't lose its glide. If it does, anyone want a E* boss? :mad:

Parting Line Height

the way I envisioned it was you put the disc upside down on top of a say a cereal bowl and allow the hot water to push the dome into the bowl. Or was it you put the water into the bowl first and allow the heat form suction. now I can't remember and will drive myself crazy trying to figure it out.

Parting Line Height

the way I envisioned it was you put the disc upside down on top of a say a cereal bowl and allow the hot water to push the dome into the bowl. Or was it you put the water into the bowl first and allow the heat form suction. now I can't remember and will drive myself crazy trying to figure it out.

The latter will work as it cools because the air shrinks and sucks the dome down.

I'll try that.

Peace, Love and Happiness, so raising it even by millimeters is a good thing.

LOL!

The hot water allows the plastic to shrink a bit, assuming it was cooled in the mold before it had a chance. So pouring hot water in it will typically flatten a flight plate.

Trying to re-dome the disc is hard...you need to fill it back up with hot water, push the disc upside down into a bowl, create suction to hold it, and cool it in this position, usually by adding cold water. But it has only been somewhat successful for me...if you take it out and cool it, it will go back to flat.

Last edited:
Parting Line Height

Ahhhhhh....

My bad. I skimmed over it and missed the part where you instructed to put it on top of a bowl. I was thinking on top of the kitchen counter of another flat surface.

Sorry....

:eek: