• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wellspring Burlington, NC - Little Help

_.-Dut-._

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Wellspring is the woods course in Burlington, NC. They are talkning about pulling it, because of the locals that play the course.

Below is the information for the person we (disc golfers) need to contact to make sure the course stays in tact. They have threatened to pull the course because of locals that leave trash and drink beer at the park (they find the cans in the trash cans ironically). Please email the below contact and tell him that the course is one of the best in NC and is traveled to from all areas of the state. Would hate to see it go. They have pulled the course in the past and I believe they put it back about 5 months later.

Alamance County Recreation and Parks
3916 R. Dean Coleman Road
Burlington, NC 27215
(336) 229-2410
Hours: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm

Bryan Hagood, Director
[email protected]

I am emailing today, I suggest others do to. Please make sure you are polite, as we would like to kill them with kindness.

Thank you for any consideration.

Got this from another website, thought I would post it here incase any locals wanted to help out. Thanks.

Email sent. I'll cry like a little girl if they pull that course.

That sucks, I have noticed at my local course that the trash cans are full of beer cans as well.

Email sent. If they close the course it will severely limit my trips to the Carolina Brewery in Pittsboro on the way back from golf outings. Not good.

Couldn't they just place a few retired snipers in the woods to take out the offenders?

They could seriously put in some extra trashcans. I know pack it in, pack it out but that works more for hippies than it does rednecks and Wellspring definitely has more of the latter.

Good news, are emails did in fact thwart the removal of these courses. Here's an email I got back:

Good afternoon, Cedarock Park Disc Golf supporters! How do I know you are interested in disc golf at Cedarock Park? Some time back our department was considering pulling the Wellspring Disc Golf Course from the park due to misbehavior. If you are receiving this email from me, it is because I received an email from you, indicating how much disc golf at Cedarock Park means to you. Let me say I received many emails, and they were all pleasant and professional. I appreciated you all taking the time to voice your concerns. Since then our park staff have made some significant improvements to the courses, including new baskets and tee signs. They really look nice. If you haven't been out to see them, please come check them out. We hope to replace the remaining baskets soon, along with the trash cans and benches.

Now it's my turn to ask something of each of you. The property between Cedarock Park's gate and Friendship-Patterson Mill Rd is for sale. 78 acres of rolling, open pasture land adjacent to the park would be a great addition. We would much rather have that property conserved than a large new development or commercial use pop up at our gate. We have examined several potential uses for the open land if it were to be added to the park. One idea is to establish a new 9-hole kid/beginner friendly disc golf course to compliment the 36 holes we have now.

Our department has applied for several grants to help with the acquisition. We are also offering sponsorship opportunities inside existing Cedarock Park, including the disc golf courses. We will be able to put the funds we raise from sponsorships toward this property acquisition. I have attached a flyer that gives details in to the cost of sponsoring a hole or an entire course for one year to help us out.

I'd like to ask that you who are receiving this email think about any business or clubs you may know who you think might be interested in being a part of this effort by sponsoring a hole. The Cedarock Farm Friends are our partner, so if the business needs a 501 c 3 to work with we can do that, too.

Please direct anyone who might be interested to me with any questions they might have. Thanks for your time, and I hope you will come visit us soon!

Bryan Hagood

Director
Alamance County Recreation and Parks Department
3916 R. Dean Coleman Rd.
Burlington, NC 27215
Ph: 336-229-2380
Fax: 336-229-2411
Email: [email protected]

Got it too. Good news. I may have to get out there this week sometime. Been a while.

Sounds like they are just begging for the next NC DGCR meet to be at their park. Two courses, side by side, nearly the center of the state.

I learned to play on the wooded course, sounds like they have the same issues as back in the mid-90's.

Sounds like they are just begging for the next NC DGCR meet to be at their park. Two courses, side by side, nearly the center of the state.

agreed. there is a monthly out there on April 7. $3 entry, two divisions. cash payout and CTP prizes. super informal.

i've seen locals with huge bags full of trash before, but I have also seen tons of trash out there

next time I go, I'm bringing trash cans. Ima go put some in my car right now.

BroD, I pm'd you - can you forward me that email, with the flyer. I am interested in the sponsorship information.

Latest posts