• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

North Potomac, MD

Westleigh Rec. Club DGC

Permanent course
1.255(based on 4 reviews)
Anybody have any details on this? I added the link to the Club website and my reading of the rules say that you still have to be a guest of a real member to use the guest pass. $50 is also pretty steep to pay a course 10 times especially if you find out that it isn't any good on the first play. I live nearby and will drive over and see what I can see from the outside.

Anybody have any details on this? I added the link to the Club website and my reading of the rules say that you still have to be a guest of a real member to use the guest pass. $50 is also pretty steep to pay a course 10 times especially if you find out that it isn't any good on the first play. I live nearby and will drive over and see what I can see from the outside.
Instead of interpretations, here's what the website states: "Guests that live in the general area are limited to 2 visits to the club per season, as guest passes are not to be used to replace membership in the club. Guests living beyond a 3-mile radius of the club have no restriction on visiting on a guest pass."

Guest pass is for the entire club. Based on everything else on the website, the club isn't going to care and/or welcome people who are showing up just to play disc golf.

To give the full information from the web site:

Guest pass credits are available on your membership ID card in a group of 10 for $50. Guest pass credits do not expire. (NOTE: Guests that live in the general area are limited to 2 visits to the club per season, as guest passes are not to be used to replace membership in the club. Guests living beyond a 3-mile radius of the club have no restriction on visiting on a guest pass.)

and also

If purchased, our entrance system has credits on your membership card to bring guests to the club. Guest pass credits may be purchased in a set of ten for $50.

My "interpretation" of this is that only members can purchase guest passes. Members have to pay an initiation fee as well as a yearly membership. Then you can pay $50 for the privilege of playing on 10 different days except that you can only be a guest twice a year if you live nearby. I was just wondering if anybody could verify that this is the correct way to interpret these statements as the course info page here suggests that anyone can buy guest passes without being or knowing a member (which would not be true).. Also I notice that the link I added for the website with this information is now gone - why is that? I didn't think I was violating the "no advertisement" rule and lots of other courses have links to the establishment that runs the DG course.

Yeah I didn't think the club would force me to swim as well as throw discs.

To give the full information from the web site:

Guest pass credits are available on your membership ID card in a group of 10 for $50. Guest pass credits do not expire. (NOTE: Guests that live in the general area are limited to 2 visits to the club per season, as guest passes are not to be used to replace membership in the club. Guests living beyond a 3-mile radius of the club have no restriction on visiting on a guest pass.)

and also

If purchased, our entrance system has credits on your membership card to bring guests to the club. Guest pass credits may be purchased in a set of ten for $50.

My "interpretation" of this is that only members can purchase guest passes. Members have to pay an initiation fee as well as a yearly membership. Then you can pay $50 for the privilege of playing on 10 different days except that you can only be a guest twice a year if you live nearby. I was just wondering if anybody could verify that this is the correct way to interpret these statements as the course info page here suggests that anyone can buy guest passes without being or knowing a member (which would not be true).. Also I notice that the link I added for the website with this information is now gone - why is that? I didn't think I was violating the "no advertisement" rule and lots of other courses have links to the establishment that runs the DG course.

Yeah I didn't think the club would force me to swim as well as throw discs.
You could play tennis instead.Seriously though, I'm surprised a private rec club such as this would even want to deal/associate with disc golf. I'm reminded of the Always Sunny episode when the gang tries to join and ends up having to swim at the public pool instead.

Latest posts