• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Discs with Finnish Stamps?

Grassfairy20

I have had a Northman in my bag for a while now. A few weeks ago I found a Norrthman. I didn't think anything of it, until I realized almost all of the words on it were in a different language, which i later learned to be Finnish. I think its pretty cool, so I immediately swapped the one in my bag for the one i found. I also bag a couple of other westsides, and would like to have Finnish versions of them too. Yet, i cannot find anywhere online to buy them like this. Has anyone else stumbled across this and found a place to find them? I would love a Finnish harp.

Occasionally MST has them, I have gotten a King and a Stag with the Finnish stamp and your right it is pretty cool.

I don't think they have Fin Harps up now but check them and infinite since MST marks them differently and infinite takes pictures of every disc.

You can buy Finnish stamps from many retailers. Here's a Harp: https://www.dynamicdiscs.net/Westside-Discs-BT-Medium-Harp-Kannel-p/2430.htm

I bought a pretty VIP Giant (Vipunen) a few years ago from a DD trailer that was passing through our area.

edit - looks like the above link may not actually have any Harps as they do not have any weights to choose from. Maybe worth giving them a call?

I opt for Finnish stamps whenever I have a choice.

Most retailers will note in the description somewhere on listings for the Finnish stamp versions.

English - Finnish
Swan - Tuonelan
Sling - Linko
Longbowman - Jousimies
Sampo - Sampo
Queen - Emanta
Catapult - Katapultti
Destiny - Kohtalo
Underworld - Manala
Hatchet - Sotakirves
Stag - Hirvi
Northman - Pohjan Poika
Boatman - Tuonelan Lautturi
Sword - Kalevan Miekka
Giant - Vipunen
Sorcerer - Tietäjä
Shield - Kilpi
Warship - Pursi
Bard - Laulaja
World - Maailma
King - Pohjolan Isäntä
Harp - Kannel
Tursas - Tursas
Seer - Ennustaja

I bought a big stack of high 160g Opto Catapults since its one of the few discs I can put out to 400' reliably, but is still stable enough to keep a good line in a breeze. I may have missed the Finnish stamp import, but I actually dont remember seeing Finnish stamps for these in the US. :/

Check used places. I picked up a pursi (warship) at PIAS (idk why I don't throw it). They occasionaly get them in new too. Few of my local guys get them every now and again too.

Best discs with true estonian names.
Kannel and Ennustaja are word by word the same, but there is 7-8 others, where there is one letter difference to our language. Good job, Westside!

Latest posts