• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Giant

Watched your vid. No doubt about it the Rask is likely the fastest disc on the market. I don't like the feel but maybe I should just bag it for those big headwind days. If any disc cuts through the air fast it's the Rask, it has never flipped on me. I was reading that the Warhorse is a little deeper which I also am not a fan of. I should maybe check that out too though.

Hope it was helpful! Warhorse is deeper than some, but I wouldn't say it feels super deep to me.

I picked up an VIP X Giant to test out, couldn't resist. Anyone throw the VIP X Nikko Giants?

I haven't but the local shop had a small stack of them. Stiff and pop top domey. Been forever since I've thrown one, but based on feel I'd imagine they're beefcakes. It's been years since I've thrown a giant but I used to love the old matte tournament plastic ones. The VIP ones were a lot more beefy from what I remembered. Matte tournament giants and the original VIP kings were an insane distance driver pair, then kings got way flippy and then way beefy? The sword was a great driver too, pretty straight but had a ton of carry.

Picked up a used VIP Giant and this thing bombs! It flies exactly like how I want a Destroyer to fly, plus feeling a bit better in my hand. I'm surprised at the 13 speed rim and how it doesn't feel too wide like a lot of others do...I'll have to try a newer one to compare, but I really like it so far.

Picked up a used VIP Giant and this thing bombs! It flies exactly like how I want a Destroyer to fly, plus feeling a bit better in my hand. I'm surprised at the 13 speed rim and how it doesn't feel too wide like a lot of others do...I'll have to try a newer one to compare, but I really like it so far.

The rim is very close I think to a Destroyer width. Every company makes up their own flight numbers. I think the Sword is close to a Wraith, The Giant is close to a Destroyer, etc..

I like my Nikko Giant for headwind distance. It's super reliable in about a 15-25 mph wind. The plastic is perfect as well.

Giants can rip, and you can find them in enough stability variations to fit a lot of players styles.

I'm maxing about 450' in a field, 420-430' on the course if I have some room. Looking for a little turn when thrown hard on a shallow hyzer. Is TP generally less overstable? I'm thinking a fresh 168-170g TP might be what I'm looking for.

I'm maxing about 450' in a field, 420-430' on the course if I have some room. Looking for a little turn when thrown hard on a shallow hyzer. Is TP generally less overstable? I'm thinking a fresh 168-170g TP might be what I'm looking for.

TP can be for sure, but often harder to find. I actually have 8-9 giants and don't have a TP right now. I do have this freaky VIP air at 158 that is one of the most OS ones I've got lol.

TP can be for sure, but often harder to find. I actually have 8-9 giants and don't have a TP right now. I do have this freaky VIP air at 158 that is one of the most OS ones I've got lol.

Has Westside been struggling with production? I've noticed molds that aren't OOP are really scarce. They seem to have a lot of putters and mids (and stags), but everything else is super hard to find

Has Westside been struggling with production? I've noticed molds that aren't OOP are really scarce. They seem to have a lot of putters and mids (and stags), but everything else is super hard to find

It's hard to say how much if that is production or just DD and Lat64 prioritizing their top sellers. Since they now co own Westside it's not gotten as much attention.

It's hard to say how much if that is production or just DD and Lat64 prioritizing their top sellers. Since they now co own Westside it's not gotten as much attention.

Which is a real shame, and I'm sure a lot of people are bummed (I know you miss you beloved Warhorses...). I was just surprised to see a lot of other manufacturers getting plastic on the shelves and westside it still out of stock. Here's to hoping I can get a Giant without fighting for one

Latest posts