• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Sword

I got a day glow green 165g vip sword recently, and I'm really liking it for lower power drives that I want to flip up to flat and just cruise. My sword is somewhat flippy, but in a reliable sort of way. This thing holds crazy straight for way longer than a speed 11/12 disc has any right to! I'm also having great luck with it on full power shots that need to climb way up hill.

how far can you throw? I might be able to turn over my to sword a little if I really ripped it. I usually max out between 410-420 with it and I don't find them to be floppy, yours is a hair lighter than mine though.

how far can you throw? I might be able to turn over my to sword a little if I really ripped it. I usually max out between 410-420 with it and I don't find them to be floppy, yours is a hair lighter than mine though.

I can put my trespasses out to 400-410. I can't throw my sword with that kind of power even if I really try to flip it up from an extreme angle or it will turn way over and just ride a big old anny line. I'm new to the dd/lat/ws discs so I get some trespasses and a sword to try, but the trespasses definitely can handle more power than my sword. I'll have to grab another one to test against. The disc is actually really great, but just not something I can really lay into.

Yeah that's weird to me, my swords don't turn over on me when thrown flat. Does your sword have a big dome or is it significantly flat? Both mine have very moderate dome.

Yeah that's weird to me, my swords don't turn over on me when thrown flat. Does your sword have a big dome or is it significantly flat? Both mine have very moderate dome.

Mine is actually pretty flat. I wouldn't say that it is quite pancake flat, but there not a significant dome.

I'm surprised this disc isn't a bit more popular.

Anyone have recent experience with a TP sword? Are they different tan VIP? More stable or less?

How would you guys compare the Sword against the Trespass? On the paper they seem really similar.

back a few years ago, i bought a couple of swords and they were pretty flippy, turnover discs at best. recently picked up a new tourny sword and its nice and stable. on a shallow anny i can get it to flew, with a little more it will hold the anny. the new vip i got after that is also nice and stable.

sword and trespass can almost be interchangeable, depending on if you get flat or domey varieties. ive bought new biofuzion trespasses that were less stable than my current swords, and also had a lucid that was certainly more stable than the sword.

Sword became my longest disc in my bag after about 2 throws. Way underrated

This is a really good max D driver for guys that throw in the 320-350's like me. I have small hands and I can grip these better than most discs of similar speed.

Picked a VIP Sword up to mess around with a faster driver. I'm a 300' thrower on a good day, and have always stuck with fairway drivers since I thought that was best until I could throw farther. But after one throw with the Sword, I had to stick it in my bag. And now it's starting to take over a lot of my long tee shots. Where I'd usually have to hyzer flip something understable to get a decent distance down the fairway, the Sword gets me there easier and with more reliable placement. I can throw longer hyzers, anhyzers and s-shots with this thing than any other disc I own. I've only been grabbing my understable stuff lately when I need a late right turn or some uphill shots. And somehow even though it's wider rimmed, I seem to have an easier time keeping the nose down on the sword.

tldr; I like it.

Oh, and it is like 174g. All of my other drivers are in the mid 160's. Really surprised me that I can use it so well.

I own a couple VIP Swords and they are not nearly as overstable as I anticipated. pink 170g is going to flip out of 20/30 degrees of hyzer, go straight, then careen off to the right RHBH... orangish 173 is a little more overstable but not enough to be predictable. if i power down some, it hyzers out, if i power up it does the same as the pink one. both discs are not very domey but aren't flat. which trilogy disc is speed 12 and flies like the sword is supposed to (numbers wise) or who knows where to find pop top swords? typical power for me is 425ish with my saints.

which trilogy disc is speed 12 and flies like the sword is supposed to (numbers wise) or who knows where to find pop top swords? typical power for me is 425ish with my saints.

If you throw Saints 425 then how does your Giant act? Must be close to a 0/3ish thing, and the Sword is rated as a "0/2" but definitely isn't.

Depends on the giant. I've got some really beefy ones that are flat as a board and a few with more dome that glide for quite a while. 13 speed feels a bit fast for me and my grip but they do what I expect. Go far then fade. The flows are my workhorses and the enforcers are for big wind/utility. I was hoping the sword could get me a little further in the workhorse slot. I unfortunately don't have any solid distance estimates for my giants. Maybe about even. Saints go faaaar!

I think that the obvious partnership here is the Enforcer - Trespass. The two feel almost identical in the hand and you can cover a very wide spectrum of stabilities with the two. Try a heavier Fuzion Trespass for the more reliable workshorse.

Trespass is definitely a bit more OS than the Sword. On the other hand it is less OS compared to a World. So if Trespass doesn't work, then 'd go with the World and if that feels flippy as well then just focus on beating the Giants.

EDIT: I noticed you use the Enforcer only for windy days. Try beating a Bio Fuzion a bit. It will be a straight and long also in calm days.

Latest posts