• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What are some OS discs with a flat to convex wing shape?

hisdudeness47

Birdie Member
Very curious! I love how flat/convex wings fill my grip.

For example, a Beast (flat wing) or a Roadrunner (convex wing) with a higher wing height/PLH... Does something like that exist? I wanna know THAT disc. I know about some of the Innova VTech molds with the convex wing that are still somewhat OS (maybe a Halo Lion, for example? There's probably better examples...).

What else is out there that flies OS with a flat to convex wing?

Last edited:

Does this question interest you as well!? xD

Not relevant to the main question but I thought of a better OS VTech example. The Innova Commander :)

Some discs that qualify (might just keep adding ones that I discover in new comments):

- Prodigy A2 (4 speed, flat wing for sure. OS for SURE)
- RDG Carnivore (11 speed, convex wing, OS)
- RDG Chameleon (8, 5, -1, 2, more S than OS, like a longer Eagle L, but I'll allow it. Flat wing)
- Halo TL3 (flat wing, slightly OS, especially new)
- L64 XXX (So I've been told)
- Discraft Venom (so I've been told)

Last edited:
Cryztal Scorches are surprisingly OS. I'm no Prodigy expert, but some of their hybrid drivers have really weird profiles: convex wings, high PLH, scooped shoulder. Maybe Prodigy throwers can help me identify some of those molds.

Cryztal Scorches are surprisingly OS. I'm no Prodigy expert, but some of their hybrid drivers have really weird profiles: convex wings, high PLH, scooped shoulder. Maybe Prodigy throwers can help me identify some of those molds.

I think I have some X2s and X3s upstairs collecting dust. I'm liking the feel of shallow discs more and more these days as my FH improves. I should go dust em off and check em out.

Edit: X3s are pretty flat winged. I don't have any X2s like I thought!

Last edited:
Geez man I'm not super up on the speed 13 MVP/axiom stuff but that sounds like most of em. Tenacity for sure.

I would say the Hellfire is the most bold example. Many are flat like the A2/Mutant/Splice are anuglar but flatish.

The Landmine is not at all what you are talking about but it's kind of OS lol.

Attachments

• 20221202_144540.jpg
    20221202_144540.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 16
Gotta love a Landmine. Bought it for the stamp, thrown it once or twice, enjoyed it. Need to put it through some trials and tribulations and see if it can etch out a slot in the bag. It's a unique one. Might have to make up a slot for it.

Infinite has some misprints for $6!

https://infinitediscs.com/Doomsday-Discs-Land-Mine/Weapons-Grade-Misfire-X-Out

That's why I bought it! $6 disc for better than base plastic sounded too good to be true.

I'm probably not going to bag it, but I threw it on 4 holes the other day and got 3 birdies so it is pretty useable.

That's why I bought it! $6 disc for better than base plastic sounded too good to be true.

I'm probably not going to bag it, but I threw it on 4 holes the other day and got 3 birdies so it is pretty useable.

If you keep stringin' birds together with that Landmine... and then you go out snag 3 field workers/backups for $18... I'm just... I'm just... I'm just sayin'...

Hyerbomb Mortar

Barsby Star Roadrunners - OK, mostly kidding. They are the Firebirds of Roadrunners though.

XXX are still fairly concave.

Tridents are a little flatter, but they have little inflection towards the inside edge of the rim.

Last edited:

Latest posts