• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] What are your go-to overstable control (speed 9-10) drivers?

HD Blazes have taken over the overstable Teebird slot for me. They're not Banshee overstable (and the last few years champ banshees have been bricks) but workable. HD is where it's at. Wish they made HD Diablos and Sabres. Though, as if I need more plastic.

I've been throwing Blazes for 15 or so years. I used to seek out certain runs ( fx evolution) but now I can just pick up an HD Blaze and be happy.

There's probably more good options for this slot than many in disc golf.

Millennium OLF
Thunderbird
PD
Invictus
Raptor
Felon
FX-2

One vote for the Invictus - easy to find in stores and seems dependable from run to run and among plastic types

Currently Bagging:

DGA Hellfire (PL) - Ridiculous flex lines and skips with surprising distance. This disc has really surprised me and I have been throwing it a ton. I imagine the SP plastic would be a different story.

Thunderbird (Star) - For more flatter release shots or maybe slight flex on shorter holes and in fairways where I need that dependable fade and skips or when there is too much headwind for my straight fairways.

Firebird (Star) - Mostly utility for me. Shorter skip shots where I just need to get around stuff and up to the basket. Always finds it way. Hellfire is a bit much for this type of shot most of the time.

This is a Halo Star Thunderbird in my bag...and possibly a Discraft Anax (which has a bit more glide).

Latest posts