• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are your TOP TEN molds?

pablo.diablo

Eagle Member
A lot of people carry 20+ discs these days. Can you play the game with just ten different discs?

Imagine that you could only pick 10 discs to take to any course to compete with, what would they be?

Post your favorite ten molds here (include plastic type if you are so inclined), then check back in a year and see if they are still the same!

Mine, in order of speed/stability, not by favorite:

1. Valkyrie
2. OLF
3. PD
4. Firebird
5. Gremlin
6. Whippet
7. Cobra
8. Gator
9. Classic Roc
10. Rhyno

Honorable mention: Orc (replaced by OLF in my list), Roc (= Cobra-X), Spider (= less stable Gator), Boss/Destroyer (true distance drivers, but not needed most places), Buzzz, Yeti Pro Aviar.

Anybody agree with any of those?

1. PD (C and S)
2. FD (C and S)
3. Destroyer (Star)
4. Quasar
5. MD2 (C and D)
6. Roc (C)
7. Gator (CE)
8. QMS (CE)
9. Rhyno (Star)
10. P2 (KC and D)

I don't even know if I have 10:

Teebird
Valk
Roc
Comet
Aviar
Mamba

Roadrunner is fun, but not necessarily a favorite. The River is up there too.

Avenger SS
Firebird
Gazelle
Comet
Buzzz
XD
Wizard
Zone
River
Katana

Not in any order

1.Aviar P&A
2.Valk
3.Gazelle
4.Viking
5.River
6.Comet
7.Viper
8.Firebird
9.Banshee
10.Mako
11.Shark

easy enough

PD
E-L
Firebird
Avenger SS
Comet
Gator
Fuse
Roc
Pure
Pig

Actually considering dropping my lovely E-L
cuz a beat in P-pd covers that spot pretty well

Destroyer

Predator

Teebird

Buzzz

Pig

I only have 5 ....anything else for me would just be filler.

1.Valkyrie
2. TL
3. Teebird
4. Firebird
5. Core
6. Nebula
7. Rhyno
8. Leopard
9. Orc
10. Roc

In no particular order.

In order of how often I throw them:
1. Wizard
2. Roc
3. PD
4. Comet
5. Firebird
6. Banshee
7. PD2
8. Zeppelin

That's all I throw at the moment, I very much doubt that the top 5 will change any time soon.

In speed order-

1. BB Aviar
2. Dart
3. Roc
4. Stingray
5. Gator
6. Viper
7. Teebird
8. Sidewinder
9. Firebird
10. TeeDevil

Very interesting how many people throw both PD and Firebird, including myself.

C-Line PD is a virtual Firebird replacement, but for whatever reason I really like to have both.

11x FB especially has that extra touch of stability that allows me to flick whereas the PD would stay much straighter on the same throw.

But backhand there is some definite overlap there, a slight touch of extra hyzer on the PD and you have Firebird flightpath imo. They are both excellent headwind drivers.

This is what I was hoping to see from these lists.

VEry interesting how many people throw both PD and Firebird, including myself.

C-Line PD is a virtual Firebird replacement, but for whatever reason I like to have both.

11x FB especially has that extra touch of stability that allows me to flick whereas the PD would stay much straighter on the same throw.

But backhand there is some definite overlap there, a slight touch of extra hyzer on the PD and you have Firebird flightpath imo. They are both excellent headwind drivers.

This is what I was hoping to see from these lists.

A new firebird is significantly more overstable than a new PD, and a good deal shorter for me. They also have a different kind of flight path, the firebird wants to fade right away, the CPD is more like a seasoned predator that goes straight with a healthy fade at the end.

There are a lot less than 10 that I need. All but the following are subject to change:

GT Banger

Roc

Banshee

SL

A new firebird is significantly more overstable than a new PD, and a good deal shorter for me. They also have a different kind of flight path, the firebird wants to fade right away, the CPD is more like a seasoned predator that goes straight with a healthy fade at the end.

Agreed. CFR C-PDs definitely have more of a forward finish than a beefy FB.

KC Pro Aviar
Cobra
Buzzz
Valk
Beast
Firebird
Destroyer
Katana
Boss
Ape

Right, that's what I mean by how similar they are, but basically (maybe not exactly) if you hyzer that PD more you will get that similar Firebird flight, I do it all the time. I definitely get more D out of the PD than a Firebird on a flat release, no question.

But I do throw an Asia Open so it has a flatter top than production runs, so it maybe more stable than the ones y'all throw, and definitely more stable than S- or P-Line would be.

Just saying they are similar, not the same.

10 discs my bag would look something like this...
2 star destroyers
pearly pro firebird
c-pd
opto river
z buzzz
z wasp
esp comet
champ gator
07 cryz flx challenger

Gateway S Illusion
Innova DX Sidewinder
Gateway E HPP Apache