• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What basket should I get? IN, DC, GW,DGA?

arachnid basket, made in indiana and can get powder coated any color

honestly i hate the way those baskets look. they are hokey and cheap. And for $375 bucks there are alot nicer options.
564606_565260996840477_2028521414_n.jpg

I got my brother a DISCatcher sport, and I've managed to use it a few times. I see no problem with it. It's a solid basket for the price.

I live in Innova East country so almost all of our local baskets are Discatcher Pros. I went with a Discatcher Sport with a set of inner chains (our club had chains from decommisioned baskets that they sold for $10) to best resemble our local baskets. Catches great; has held up well so far. I bungee the chains in for tougher practice. With only outer chains all baskets can have "poll outs" where you hit the poll dead square and kicks back out right at you. Drives me nuts as a strong/hard, low putter. Cut-through putts are bad putts and deserve to be punished.

Last edited:
I have an Innova Discatcher sport with added 6 chains and it catches hard shots with ease, in my signature below I posted a link to an ace shot it catches nicely.

Last edited:
Like Gateway on Facebook and wait until they run a special. I got a Titan 24 shipped with 8 discs for of my choosing for $250. Only complaint is the basket part has exposed metal nubs on the outside of the basket that can chew up your putters.

Like Gateway on Facebook and wait until they run a special. I got a Titan 24 shipped with 8 discs for of my choosing for $250. Only complaint is the basket part has exposed metal nubs on the outside of the basket that can chew up your putters.

A little plastidip over those exposed edges makes them a lot less sharp.

Another vote for the Liberty here. I picked mine up during the last black friday sale for $200 or so shipped and I LOVE it. Great quality materials, and it breaks down and can be put together pretty quick (4 bolts total)

just thought i would share in this thread also

I got my brother a DISCatcher sport, and I've managed to use it a few times. I see no problem with it. It's a solid basket for the price.

I live in Innova East country so almost all of our local baskets are Discatcher Pros. I went with a Discatcher Sport with a set of inner chains (our club had chains from decommisioned baskets that they sold for $10) to best resemble our local baskets. Catches great; has held up well so far. I bungee the chains in for tougher practice. With only outer chains all baskets can have "poll outs" where you hit the poll dead square and kicks back out right at you. Drives me nuts as a strong/hard, low putter. Cut-through putts are bad putts and deserve to be punished.

I have an Innova Discatcher sport with added 6 chains and it catches hard shots with ease, in my signature below I posted a link to an ace shot it catches nicely.

here is a couple pics of what i did to my Innova-Discatcher-Sport to make it more portable/transport friendly

i changed the phillips screws to stainless allen bolts
then made an allen wrench holder on the back of the eyebolt for the added chains (also showing how i added 6 inner chains)

Attachments

• basket mods.jpg
    basket mods.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 21
  • allen wrench holder.jpg
    allen wrench holder.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 18
Nice mod there mattc, need to keep that in mind when I get my Disc Catcher Sport.

Last edited:
The DN Liberty, and the Ching Chainmaster are the best quality in my opinion in the price range for a traditional style basket, having used almost everything listed in the thread.

I personally love my Bullseye though. The quality is as good as anything, it just serves a slightly different purpose than the other listed catching devices.