• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What constitutes a putt?

You know anything that I throw my putter with is what I count as a putt, unless I am throwing my putter on the tee pad.

I would also say that another good rule is that anything you use a putting motion for as opposed to your regular throwing motion.

Officially though it is anything 10 meters and in.

the day i make putts from 10 meters and in consistently is the day i classify that as a putt.

It really boils down to why you are keeping track of the number of "putts" you make. IMO, the most important statistic will be how many times you make it in from 20'-25' out and in. Maximizing that number is a very important part of keeping your score low.

10 meters and in is a putt for me. That is what I track in scorebook. If I am purposely laying up even inside of that range for whatever reason, or if there is a major obstacle preventing an easy putt inside of that range, I will not count that as a putt in scorebook.