• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what discs should i get

jimmyw

well im new and i was wondering what discs to get
i have a starfire, destroyer, archangle, kite, lepoard, shark, and aviar all in dx

just work te aviar, shark, and leopard for awhile

Yep...if you're new the Leopard is a good fairway driver that will be a straight and potentially long flyer for you. The Shark should be a dependable midrange, and the Aviar is what tons of people around here throw.

You have the tools, now get out there and make them work for you. :)

Driver: Leopard (backhand), possibly Starfire (forehand only)
Mid: Shark or Kite
Putter: Aviar

The Archangel is a squirrelly difficult disc and the Destroyer will be useful once you can throw it over 400'.

well im new and i was wondering what discs to get
i have a starfire, destroyer, archangle, kite, lepoard, shark, and aviar all in dx

Put that Starfire and Destroyer on the shelf for at least a year.

just work te aviar, shark, and leopard for awhile

I'm going back to these. I got those 3 discs in my 'beginners pack', and I've decided that I'm going to go back to playing with just those discs until I get some of my OAT issues worked out, then go back to my faster stuff ...

Try a Discraft Magnet

ok midnight, fess up.

how much does discraft pay you to whore that disc out whenever you can? :D

back on topic, a 3rd or 4th agreement for the leopard/shark/aviar thing.

don't get sucked in by all the new shiny candy-colored speed 87 whatever-it-is.

develop with those, them move up.

/a lesson i wish i had when i started.

I think every beginning player goes through a phase where they think that they'll just BOMB them out there, if they could only find the right disc. It isn't until you try other peoples, and spend a moderate amount of money that you finally come to the conclusion that it's more about technique than what plastic you're throwing. Sure, different discs have more potential than others, but only if you know how to throw them correctly. I'm still learning this .. the hard way ..

You don't want to follow the Norms right??

Start with voodoo, ion putter
Mid range buzzz, comet
Driver. Stalker, katana!!!

Carpe diem

Sidearm - Pro Katana. The star cuts right way to much but the Pro is totally awesome and out flies the Star.

I think every beginning player goes through a phase where they think that they'll just BOMB them out there, if they could only find the right disc. It isn't until you try other peoples, and spend a moderate amount of money that you finally come to the conclusion that it's more about technique than what plastic you're throwing. Sure, different discs have more potential than others, but only if you know how to throw them correctly. I'm still learning this .. the hard way ..

Great post. I'm at the point where I've just climbed that "one disc out there for me" hill and have been sinking into the valley of realization that I have much to work on to elevate my game.

back to OP's question - agree with the posts about Aviar, Shark, Leopard. Until you can throw them 300-350' buying other discs will just be investing in disappointment.

Driver: dx valkyrie
Mid: buzzz
Putter: stick with the aviar, there's so many aviars, some glide more, some much more stable, gotta experiment ALOT, my putting game sucks.