• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you Putt with 20ft or UNDER?

SuperSoft Warlock with a stiff flightplate, and it must be black.

I LOVE the way my pointer finger rides on the bevel, there's no way it would "hang". Flies so much like a Wizard (on close shots anyway) but the bevel makes a huge difference in feel for me. This is ideal for players that keep their finger riding along the rim like I do. It's like my secret weapon, well not now that I shared I guess.

When I'm not within range to use my natural putting stance, I for one definitely use different discs! 11x Champ Aviar, even a super heavy Champion Shark, but sometimes the Warlock still. I want to add a Chalky Wizard in the mix.

It's all dependent upon the shot, of course. Lots of times, it totally depends on the condition of the grounds surrounding the basket. If it's on a hill and I need it to hang up if I miss I'm throwing something with a tall rim!

I had an Evo Wizard that I lost (dammit!), that I would throw when I wanted it to hang up for SURE if I missed. I don't see how you could ever wear one of those out, the plastic was like indestructible. Not the greatest feeling disc for really close putts though, it's like Champion plastic sort of.

I like something grippier for super close putts that doesn't feel like it may slip from sweat or whatever, which is why I go with the SS Gateways. Voodoos are the bomb, too!

Last edited:
DX Polecats.
No, really.
Honestly, it shouldn't matter what you use inside of 30'. I heard golfers say this before and I didn't believe them. Then I spent a couple years and too much money on different putters. They really do work pretty much the same inside 30'. So it comes down to which one feels the best in your hand and which one fits your putting technique.

For me it is the Polecat. It has several qualities I hold in high regard- these come into play when I'm approaching with it. I compliment them with Wizards for right now.

Last edited:

Latest posts