• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What happens to discs left in water?

blinkythethreeeyedfish.jpg

That would make a cool dye.

Heres one of mine I pulled out after 2 months of sitting in the creek on the local course:
IMG_1783.jpg

I found so many in even worst condition and a few times they will split/crack once pulled out.
Those bubbles on the one disc is actually leach eggs/larvae. I fished out hundreds of discs and never seen one with the plastic peeling off like the one you have.

I miss her.....
Uh, I mean...
Plastic is more porous than most folks think. I get cut by it all the time disassembling cars, even new. Plastic cut= infection every time.

Heres one of mine I pulled out after 2 months of sitting in the creek on the local course:
IMG_1783.jpg

I found so many in even worst condition and a few times they will split/crack once pulled out.
Those bubbles on the one disc is actually leach eggs/larvae. I fished out hundreds of discs and never seen one with the plastic peeling off like the one you have.

that is straight up nasty. i dont think i would ever go in a creek like that i would need to be pressure washed afterwards with straight bleach

There's a course by me with a nasty creek running through it.
Mayfair Park, Westchester, IL http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1529

I once had a disc go in the water there, pulled it out within 5 min and most of the hotstamp was gone. The water stinks too.

The discraft z series hold up pretty good.DX series will stain if in the mud,Star plastic will start to flake and turn into a dx.Champion is the best.I have a course in my backyard and have had plastic lost in the creek for two and a half years at a time.

IMG_1783.jpg

i found a 1st run crush that looks very similar

There seems to be a pattern depending on the plastic quality as to what I have found.

DX plastic discs get the bubbles. I have found several.

Pro plastic seems to peel. I have found a couple.

Champion plastic discs get the small cracks similar to a windshield that has been hit with a small pebble. I have found several with the cracks.

yea last month at my local course i found a champion panther in a frozen lake and it looked like it had been there for a while, after breaking the ice around it most of the disc chipped of and all thats left is the outer ridge of the disc

So what we have learned from this thread...

DX plastic sucks.

Oh wait, we already knew that............

Latest posts