• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what is a good sidearm driver?

Anyone using an understable driver for FH has bad form IMO. Your wrist is not designed to torque that way with a full snap, hence why peeps throw overstable discs for FH. Your losing power by having to tuck your hand closer to your body to get the hyzer angle. Release flat or slight anny to get your distance. You do this with a teebird at full-power and youll end up in the dirt. No one on here knows your form like you do, so take all the advice with a grain of salt, formulate your own decision and try stuff until you find YOUR niche.

Actually, the exact opposite is true. Most forehanders, especially those that don't use it exclusively like myself, have terrible form and use overstable and too fast discs to make up for it. If you're throwing forehand with good form, the disc should not crank so hard to the left (assuming RHFH) that you need a firebird to make it come back. Folks that throw neutral to understable discs forehand need to have better form to keep the disc from turning and burning or becoming an unintentional roller.

FH discs

I've been throwing exclusively forehand or sidearm for close to 6 years and I started out with the boss. I live in a windy enviornment and I throw fairly hard. I now throw the teedevil in a blizzard plastic at 159gms. and find it is pretty much the cats meow. I am an "old guy" and as I have aged I have consistently looked for discs that will do more with less effort......what I have found about sidearm discs for me is that the flatter or lower profile discs seem to work better. hope it helps and keep flinging.

I love the pulse at mine is a really flat top and flies so perfect and know i can get distance with it anytime by the way in ESP plastic

Anyone using an understable driver for FH has bad form IMO. Your wrist is not designed to torque that way with a full snap, hence why peeps throw overstable discs for FH. Your losing power by having to tuck your hand closer to your body to get the hyzer angle. Release flat or slight anny to get your distance. You do this with a teebird at full-power and youll end up in the dirt. No one on here knows your form like you do, so take all the advice with a grain of salt, formulate your own decision and try stuff until you find YOUR niche.

This is the worst advice I have ever heard :wall:

What do you forehand? Stingray?

I throw XD's, Comets and Avenger SS's

I do have overstable disc's in my bag but they are only used for Right turns and very rarely flex shots. Flex shots need to much room to work. FH hyzerflips are the way to go for big controllable D just like BH

Last edited:
I throw XD's, Comets and Avenger SS's

I do have overstable disc's in my bag but they are only used for Right turns and very rarely flex shots. Flex shots need to much room to work. FH hyzerflips are the way to go for big controllable D just like BH

I don't throw any of those, they are all too understable. Flick is the disc for maximum D forehand.

I don't throw any of those, they are all too understable. Flick is the disc for maximum D forehand.

They are not to understable you just have bad FH form:D

Max D I am using a 150g Blizzard Katana...

Not gonna read through all this, but I'd say a star wraith! That's my sidearm disc of choice, and it rarely lets me down.

Make sure it's a pre-Kenny.

Haha, thanks for the input. The disc seems similar to a Firebird wuth just a touch more glide. I wasn't really looking for a super high speed FH driver.

Stop being a pansy. If you aren't throwing a max weight ape you might as well just play the ladies division

:)

i have been playing disc golf for a while now and i am trying to improve my game by getting a new and better disc.

Wont work. You still need to throw it right.

i drive sidearmed right handed and i was wondering if anyone could reccomend a good disc for side arm distance driving.

THere is no such thing as a "sidearm" disc. Any disc can be thrown sidearm or backhand. I am surprised that someone who has played for "a while now" has not noticed this yet.

Or used the search function.

i use the champion sidewinder mostly when i forehand... thing i like about the sidewinder is that i can shape it to fly in both directions its only a 9 speed but i can get it to fly pretty good distances

also why is there always some forum *******.. not everyone is a forum expert.. relax!