• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the best way to make courses challenging for the DGPT?

How do we make the sport challenging for the Pro's?

• More and tighter OB ropes

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • More raised baskets and/or baskets on top of mounds

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Make putting more difficult, address the target in some way

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • New longer more difficult courses, current ones are not up to standard

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Other-List in thread

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters
Use shorter, wooded courses with minimal OB where skills and accuracy become more important relative to distance. Keeps more players in contention. Use a different basket model and/or configuration (height, deflection config) on each hole. Play at least two courses or two configurations on a single course.

I'm in favor of tighter wooded courses if they are done correctly. I don't mind some longer holes mixed in as well to test distance with accuracy though. Distance is a skill as well, it's the wide courses that are mostly on golf courses that can be a little one sided towards a certain type of player.

Ideally you will have a mix of both. I like the idea of different sized targets as well though. Make those circle putts interesting.

Goalies, putting is way too easy.

I am partial to the Mutombo finger wag after smacking a friends putt out of the air.

c61f59886be9a00d951cded6a74804d07bbe6f4b-646x430.jpg

Make every competitor read a few dozen posts by omd.

Pros: difficult and challenging.
Cons: not fun for players nor audience.

What is "not fun" for competitors and audience? Ropes? Because that is "not fun" for me to watch or play.

Ask the players, officials, competitors, and sponsors of DGPT.
Yeah, I'm a disc golfer. Whatever they are doing with the majority of the DGPT is...I mean it kinda looks like disc golf, but not anything I would ever want to play. Pretty soon I'll get to be that old guy wandering around going "I remember when disc golf was fun". :\

Make every competitor read a few dozen posts by omd.

Pros: difficult and challenging.
Cons: not fun for players nor audience.

Elicited completely involuntary, very audible laugh from me. :clap:

Yeah, I'm a disc golfer. Whatever they are doing with the majority of the DGPT is...I mean it kinda looks like disc golf, but not anything I would ever want to play. Pretty soon I'll get to be that old guy wandering around going "I remember when disc golf was fun". :\

Raised baskets, triple mandos, poop sticks and ropes everywhere are not appealing?

Then why are they adding raised baskets and ropes?

Why the hell are you still posting?

You and your posts have become a complete joke. You killed your credibility before you ever earned any. Even if you were to make a rational case, no one can take you seriously.

You achieved that all on your own. Congratulations!

Why the hell are you still posting?

You and your posts have become a complete joke. You killed your credibility before you ever earned any. Even if you were to make a rational case, no one can take you seriously.

You achieved that all on your own. Congratulations!

You not once have addressed this topic. Nor I think any disc golf topic. All you have done is troll and look at the post count?

Are you a troll bot?

This sounds like a solution in search of a problem.
The current baskets are fine - However I'd like to see more of them placed in tougher locations on all courses not just DGPT (raised; behind obstacles; sloped greens; close to hazards) rather than out in the open with no obstructions.
This would force players to put more thought into approach shots.

This sounds like a solution in search of a problem.
The current baskets are fine - However I'd like to see more of them placed in tougher locations on all courses not just DGPT (raised; behind obstacles; sloped greens; close to hazards) rather than out in the open with no obstructions.
This would force players to put more thought into approach shots.
Doesn't it make more sense for the tour to have a variety of baskets and configurations that can move from course to course so there's a consistent set of 18 different challenges for holing out regardless of the terrain (or lack of) on each course?

Last edited:

Latest posts