• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the Craziest Hole #1 in disc golf?

The white and blue shots on maple hill #1 are crazy enough, but that gold tee to gold pin shot is probably the craziest opening to a course I've seen.

Not as "crazy" as some of the others, but the first at Lochness Park in Blaine, MN is kind of a rude opening for a 9-hole course. From the back (blue) tee, it is an 850' double dogleg, with trees lining both sides of the tee shot and approach, while more wide open in between the doglegs. It's easily the longest hole on the course from any of the three sets of tees.

efd54c64.jpg

It's only 267 but when you look into the creek you begin to pucker up a bit when the thought of retrieving a disc comes to mind. It's no easy task getting on back from that nasty pit.

5585ed82.jpg

Here's a photo from the short tee that shows the creek a little better. 10 to 15 feet under that pipe is the creek and it's 15 to 20 feet wide depending on the water level.

Hole 1 at Beaver Ranch really lets you know what you're in for.

It's only 213 feet, but it's straight the f*ck up!!

first hole I thought of also.
Bailey is also pretty cool, 700+' across the valley, from the side of one hill to the fence line in the distance. No real warm up, then a hike up 1/8th mile and 100ish feet in elevation gain, grip and rip and hope the wind, being out of breath or your disc selection doesn't cause an errant and disastrous first throw.

ill go and repost these from the other thread.
hole #1 at beast in ludington is 574ft with a very elevated tee looking out over lake michigan. incredible view and hard to fight the urge not to throw every disc in the bag. this hole will make you love disc golf even more.
ac7f0353.jpg

hole #1 at seymour lake park has an elevated tee that requires 400ft to clear the water.
69d79961.jpg

Hole 1 at Beaver Ranch really lets you know what you're in for.

It's only 213 feet, but it's straight the f*ck up!!

I concur doctor. This hole takes away any ego you might have brought up there with you. Even the "best" throws feel like you're chuckin' a manhole cover.

:wall:

Agree with Muldraugh, very unique and tough.
Beast #1 as well, it is hard to resist not exhausting your arm before your round!

Anytime there is a substantial water hazard on #1, I think that qualifies as there is nothing like starting your round by drowning a disc. Victor Ashe and Roane Co. are 2 in TN that come to mind. Roane especially as you have to hyzer it out over the lake.

Hole 1 at Bluemont - Blue tee to the mound

Tee shot must pass to the right of the big tree and under the tree hanging over the fairway. A good shot lands about 30 to 50 feet behind the red tee.
863085eb.jpg

Perfectly placed 200 foot drive has this view of the fairway
1RedTee.jpg

Upshot must make it to, through or around "THE" tree to look at a putt on the mound.
moundtreeview.jpg

Finals in tournaments start on hole 2 so that the signature hole 1 is played last.

This picture doesn't quite do this hole justice. The basket is located at the top of the hill in the distance.

affd85f0.jpg

This hole looks like a lot of fun. It would probably kick my ass, but I'd thank it afterwards.

Quakers Challenge at Pinchot State Park in PA....just 242 ft but a 120 ft elevation gain...so the pitch is 6 inches gained for every foot of Distance.....Basically you are throwing directly up a cliff full thottle on the "warm up" hole

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=2315&p=6b239a5d

Yeah, hole #1 says "Hi. Welcome to the course. Enjoy your long round."