• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this abomination?

Interesting. Looks like a permissions bug. I'll leave that up to Greens.
A bug, or an intended feature? Maybe there's no intent to delete the posts, but there's likewise no intent to continue to host a politics forum. So mods, such as yourself, can see it in as more of an archive than anything we will get to take advantage of?

A bug, or an intended feature? Maybe there's no intent to delete the posts, but there's likewise no intent to continue to host a politics forum. So mods, such as yourself, can see it in as more of an archive than anything we will get to take advantage of?
🤷‍♂️

Way to break the only reason to use this site, browse map doesnt work and course name search buried 4 clicks deep. terrible tile format sucks when the list by distance away was perfect. Cant even find courses to play near me. Great rollout of this garbage interface

Is that on desktop on something? I haven't really checked it out that way yet. It's working fine on my phone.

I still prefer the 50, 75, 100 or 125 miles from marker option.

Once the bugs get sorted out and we used to the interface I think we'll learn to appreciate it.
I'm willing to believe that, but I don't think is a sure thing by any stretch, and we'll definitely experience quite a bit of frustration until then.

🥴

pic uploads are bliss

just uploaded two 18ers late last night

its goin to take some time to get used to (my dumbass couldnt find how to edit a course and it was in color/bold/caps at the top right) but once i could find it it was much easier

hows the youtube injections did they finally figure that one out

I'm willing to believe that, but I don't think is a sure thing by any stretch, and we'll definitely experience quite a bit of frustration until then.

🥴

I mean, it's been up for a day. Let's give them a little more time. Maybe post any concerns or complaints you have in the thread about that too 😉

The word for this this redesign is "business killer". Hope whoever owns this is taking notes, so that he won't destroy the value of their next investment. If this site stays like this, then good night Irene to DGCR. The old home page encompassed everything that was good about this site. Now the home page just makes me want to vomit. When you look for courses you look in an area. Stupid to have all these course from all over the world populate the entire home page , and the entire home page, when the old home page included pretty much all the types of content you can find on this site. Owners of this site just gave UDisc a huge leg up. The green font is entirely unreadable to me as well.

pic uploads are bliss

just uploaded two 18ers late last night

its goin to take some time to get used to (my dumbass couldnt find how to edit a course and it was in color/bold/caps at the top right) but once i could find it it was much easier

hows the youtube injections did they finally figure that one out
Too bad they didn't just fix what was broken.

I'm frustrated as well but I think it's important to stay positive and put any input into the Issues Report Thread. We can't help them improve it if we're not willing to post our constructive criticism in the correct thread.

Once the bugs get sorted out and we used to the interface I think we'll learn to appreciate it.
I've been on a few XenForo sites and I can confidently say I will not learn to appreciate the navigation of a XenForo forum, barring a significant upgrade or our new overlords choosing to do some heavy modding on the forums once they have the more important issue (the courses) sorted out.

I don't think I'll come to appreciate this overall design, but I can say I will likely become quickly inured to it. C'est la vie.
The word for this this redesign is "business killer". Hope whoever owns this is taking notes, so that he won't destroy the value of their next investment. If this site stays like this, then good night Irene to DGCR. The old home page encompassed everything that was good about this site. Now the home page just makes me want to vomit. When you look for courses you look in an area. Stupid to have all these course from all over the world populate the entire home page , and the entire home page, when the old home page included pretty much all the types of content you can find on this site. Owners of this site just gave UDisc a huge leg up. The green font is entirely unreadable to me as well.
For the people that DO get used to the design it likely won't go anywhere. Companies that host forum sites like this seem to find some value (advertising?) from keeping the pages up long term, even after the active and posting user base has depreciated to next to nothing.

Another site I'm on, which used to be very active (over 8M posts on the forum, users with tens of thousands of posts and even a few with over 100K) is now and has been for YEARS whittled down to a handful of regular users. The site itself is an NBA forum, and as I look right now the handful of users are all active in the Atlantic 10/America East Conference forums. Thats basically who uses it - a handful of niche-conference college basketball fans. They've had their big empty spot for damn near ten years now. The site keeps rolling, somehow it benefits someone to keep it like that. They might even be owned by the same people that own this site - hard to say.

And that site didn't even have an attached utility. Even if the courses section goes in the toilet, it'll draw enough clicks to be worth having in a portfolio. It doesn't need to work as well as it ever did, just well enough that people are willing to click a DGCR link off of Google.

This website could have used an upgrade long ago... But this feels like one of a myriad web 3.0 (number?) "upgrades" popular websites have done where compactness of info was traded for the new shiny but vapid and slow upgrade. What can I say, I'm an old dog and just not feeling it at the moment.

I'll sit out a few weeks or months and see if it improves. I'm mostly concerned with the courses' half of the site and not the forums. I hope reviews and such will not be stuck perpetually behind a sign-in wall.

This website could have used an upgrade long ago... But this feels like one of a myriad web 3.0 (number?) "upgrades" popular websites have done where compactness of info was traded for the new shiny but vapid and slow upgrade. What can I say, I'm an old dog and just not feeling it at the moment.

I'll sit out a few weeks or months and see if it improves. I'm mostly concerned with the courses' half of the site and not the forums. I hope reviews and such will not be stuck perpetually behind a sign-in wall.
Eh, Web 3.0 is a different beast entirely. But whatever you want to call it - this modern aesthetic is definitely one that doesn't feel welcoming or comfortable to me.

It might simply be that it feels generic where the old site, in addition to the ways I was comfortable with the navigation, felt like a personal project. I was a little hopeful they'd maintain some small element of that aesthetic, even if this is no longer that.

Eh, Web 3.0 is a different beast entirely. But whatever you want to call it - this modern aesthetic is definitely one that doesn't feel welcoming or comfortable to me.

It might simply be that it feels generic where the old site, in addition to the ways I was comfortable with the navigation, felt like a personal project. I was a little hopeful they'd maintain some small element of that aesthetic, even if this is no longer that.
This is still a personal project, and I'm not a mind reader. I would have loved your feedback that I opened up to the public a few weeks ago.

This is still a personal project, and I'm not a mind reader. I would have loved your feedback that I opened up to the public a few weeks ago.
Truth be told I dont think I even noticed that thread until a week or so after you posted it. If you want to hide something from me, put it in the announcements forum.

I'm not sure the point of this change. It is different, but not in a meaningful way with regard to the forums.

I assume bugs like maintaining the dark mode choice will get worked out.

I haven't looked at other features.

Inserting videos and pics/images is important in a forum.

But, disc golf is still the core of this site. Talking about form/technique, current events (be it tournaments or the state of the sport ) and ultimately the best resource for detailed course information.

People are complaining about course directory issues. I'm not sure what they are, but I'd double down on efforts to make sure that area is tip top. JMO.