• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this disc worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I got one for you guys.. Don't know the weight, condition is around 8/10. Are these Roadrunners worth anything? I don't see them very often. Thanks!

20 i think if new you can command about 30. but never seen one sell over 25. i think weight is important function too. it has to be new max to get 30.

someone on the forum was looking for it. do a search and test the market!!!

IMG_20120201_233010.jpg

IMG_20120201_233019.jpg

My roomates Roc. Sick bar bottom stamp. Little beat up but its a solid 6/10. Plenty of life left in it. Any idea on value?

How about this one I would say it's at least a 7, maybe an 8/10 175 Ink in rim and front. Sorry the picture is a little yellowed. I will try to get a better picture when I can. Super pearly it's a reddish pink.
image4.jpg

Thanks for the appraisals guys. I had a pair of them at one point, but the other one got lost, and nobody ever called me back.

The griffin is an early driver from innova (small diameter). I think it was advertised as being "indestructable" like the hammer which innova accomplished by making the nose super thick. As a result it's pretty slow and overstable...not much of a driver. It's kind of roc like now that I think about it. Anyway, the disc was discontinued when they came out with better plastic eliminating the need for really thick dx plastic. Right now it's worth about 35 I'd say. Used to be more, but the market is really down for these right now.

The griffin is an early driver from innova (small diameter). I think it was advertised as being "indestructable" like the hammer which innova accomplished by making the nose super thick. As a result it's pretty slow and overstable...not much of a driver. It's kind of roc like now that I think about it. Anyway, the disc was discontinued when they came out with better plastic eliminating the need for really thick dx plastic. Right now it's worth about 35 I'd say. Used to be more, but the market is really down for these right now.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!

Thanks man i was hoping for more but its good to know if i ever sell it

I kinda said this, but let me be a little bit more specific, aside from Barstamp Buzzzes, Discraft stuff isn't super collectible at the time.

I think it also has to do with Elite X being their equivalent to Innova's Pro plastic. It's a great plastic, but people really want premium plastic when it comes to collectible discs, except when it comes to vintage Innova stuff. Discraft isn't as popular as Innova, either.

Honestly, I wouldn't expect that disc to go up in value to anyone except for the few people that throw them. It doesn't help that the disc was never made into actual production. If you find someone that loves those discs and can't get enough of them, I would think you wouldn't have much of a problem getting around $20 for it.

I did some searching trying to find a thread on aviars and how to tell them apart along with the different values. If this thread exists I would love to go to Aviar School as I just picked up a bunch of 2000 maybe a few earlie discs.

Cheers - Koffee

Ok, here's an interesting one for you. According to this website it doesn't exist. But they have the exact same stamp as what they are calling a Special Blend Valkyrie. http://discgolfsweden.se/discar/discar_sokdisc_eng.aspx?DiscId=2291
It is marked as a star teebird, but definitely feels like a Special Blend, so what say the experts? Maybe I should have posted it in the what's the story thread, I couldn't decide.
photo129.jpg

I've got one with this stamp, but mine actually is a Star Teebird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts