• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your disc golf style?

What kind of DG'er are you?

• Carefree - I dont really pay attention to score, its just something to pass time.

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Aggressive - I attack the pin on every shot.

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • Semi Aggressive - I take shots, but i am cautious about the consequences.

Votes: 76 62.8%
  • Conservative - I play it safe. I lay up everytime.

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • I push the envelope and like to try different shots, irregardless of the score.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I like to try different shots, but i am concious of the lay.

Votes: 36 29.8%

• Total voters
I picked "push the envelope" because I like to experiment, even when money is on the line. I figure you'll never learn what you can do until you try it, and I tend to have more fun doing unorthodox stuff from time to time. It keeps things fresh.

there was no option for 'concentrated suck', so i didn't vote.

but damnit, i have fun anyway :)

"I like to try different shots, but i am conscious of the lay." is what i chose.

i guess i always just try to put myself into the best position available to at least par the hole.

I marked with a third of you. I like to try different shots. The better I putt the more I'll try shots I wouldn't have before. But I'll try those different shots trying to drop them into the high percentage zone. My biggest mistake is trying to get out of trouble and going for the pin all at once.

I think I should justify my "Semi Aggressive" Vote. I want to score better, I want to play well. I want to learn.

I'm not playing for money yet, I'm not playing in tourneys yet, but I'm playing with guys that F'ing rock, and I love to learn from them.

On my drives I always try to split the difference between risk and reward. I'm not going to throw a sky hyzer where DiscJon would...he's got the distance and control to stay out of trouble more than I do. So I'll take a straight shot down the fairway and stay in the clear.

But if we're playing Basil...it's fully wooded. You're just hanging out in the woods, if you were to come out of basil without hitting a tree you should pray, because you're probably about to get struck by lightning.

At Basil you have to see the shot that you have, grab the disc that is most likely to make that shot for you and just go for it. I love it. You have to know what you're capable of. You have to know what your discs will do for you. It's all about going for it, and when it doesn't work, coming up with a great plan B.

\/\/

When I score well I usually play conservative. When I get creative and overly ballsy my scores rise like the Federal Deficit.

I play semi-aggressive, On the drive and second shot I usually just air it out and go for glory. But if I get pinned in a bad spot or can setup for a nice easy par, I make the safer play. Slowly been seeing my scores go down to hovering around bogey golf at the moment. Also the people I play with can attest that my favorite shot is the Hammer, and will throw that at any time in any situation some just has to say "hammer" and I'll throw it 9 out of 10 times, I really have to convince myself not too.