• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your winter weather limit?

I gladly play in: (select all that apply)

• Temps under 40F

Votes: 179 68.6%
  • Temps under freezing

Votes: 147 56.3%
  • Temps under 20F

Votes: 124 47.5%
  • High wind and temp under freezing

Votes: 110 42.1%
  • Minimal snow (disc unlikely to bury in most places)

Votes: 160 61.3%
  • Heavy to drifting snow (disc will bury in many places)

Votes: 114 43.7%
  • Ice - (slick frozen ground and/or icy tee pads)

Votes: 117 44.8%

• Total voters
Back to the point of this thread:

I still would have played today even in that snow. God knows I played Kaposia Park and Acorn Park in Saint Paul this past winter in below zero temps and two feet of snow on the ground with Xmas ribbon on my discs.

Today would have been a fun day to play, knowing that warmer temps are around the corner.

I'd rather play in snow than rain any day of the week.

Played a tournament in this. 8" to snow, wind blowing, cold as you know what!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 11
heat sickness awareness.

I am Done playing in the cold and hot in NC.+40 F and 80 with HUMIDITY are my limits.I almost had a heat stroke at renny a couple of years ago. So all I can say for sure is KNOW YOUR LIMITS and be careful out there, do not play in the heat of the day and pay attention to the humidity levels out there anything over 85 % multiplys the affects of heat on your body.The warning signs are weak knees, dizzynesss,cramps,thirst,cold chills in the heat,faintness,exaustion,trouble swallowing,....The funny thing was I was hydrated and my body started RAINING faster than I could putt it back in.It can happen IN 30 MINUTES!!!!I hope this helps somebody else pay attention especially between MAY and SEPTEMBER.THERE should possibly be warning signs out there.PS I love that course but it has danger because of it size during the summer extreemes--also the worlds was almost as hot last year at renny-98 no breeze--101 the week before--but the golf was awesome.PEACE.

80 degrees with humidity is nothing. thats like an average day all summer.
i think your problems have more to do with the other choices you've made in your life.

Yeah, someone needs to do a summer poll. Humidity is definitely a factor. Years ago I left my home in Dallas, TX on a vacation trip to Destin FL. The 108* I left at home felt better than the humid 98* that greeted me in Destin. Still had a good time though.

Curtis

Yeah, someone needs to do a summer poll. Humidity is definitely a factor. Years ago I left my home in Dallas, TX on a vacation trip to Destin FL. The 108* I left at home felt better than the humid 98* that greeted me in Destin. Still had a good time though.

Curtis

Agreed, though I'll play either way. I preferred the rounds I played in Vegas at 118 degrees and no humidity to some rounds I've played in the high 90s with heavy humidity. I drink a ton of water, wear a hat and lots of sunscreen and I've never had any issues including when playing 6+ rounds in a day.

Mashnut I hear you on the "ton" of water. Notice the igloo riding pillion in my sig pic. I adapted a camelback hose and bite valve to it and always have ice cold water at hand. 70 mph, hot, dry wind will dehydrate you faster than you can imagine. That picture was taken between Salt Lake City, UT and Windover, NV and it was around 113 degrees. It was the one and only time I drank it dry.

As long as I keep myself hydrated I've never had a problem with heat.

Curtis

Played a tournament in this. 8" to snow, wind blowing, cold as you know what!

Cold as sideways cell phone pictures ?

My girl does this it drives me crazy LOL. I like to take her sideways photos, flip them, overlay them, then post it on her FB page with a "before" and "after" and a "don't let this be you" warning

Latest posts