• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What kind of basket is this??

Lake Stevens DGC (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=642) just north of Seattle has them. (The course page calls them "Catching Target Park Series".) Different style basket on each hole. Some have you blocked on specific side(s). Pretty interesting. My first time through the course was maddening though. I'd have a nice approach to the basket, only to realize I was on the wrong side. Basically guaranteed a two putt regardless of how close you were.

Second time through I was with some locals who knew where you needed to lay up in order to have a good shot. I learned to appreciate the difference.

Timberlink in PA has these on a ball golf course, too. They added an inner set of chains to them. I think they called them deasigner pro baskets. And yes, by Fly 18.

I can tell you one thing for sure. Those baskets/chains are atrocious. I have played at that course and I couldn't stand them. You have to put way more on any shot to get a disc to stick...Also, the discs behaves differently off of basket hits. I hate how different these baskets are from typical ones. I want to play on baskets that are all similar.

P.S...the chains don't sound like chains...its so unrewarding.

P.S...the chains don't sound like chains...its so unrewarding.

I feel you on this. I have a Gopher Quikshot and it looks just like a discatcher, but the sound is not the same. It is amazing how disappoing it is to make a nice putt and not get the "Ching" reward.

I feel you on this. I have a Gopher Quikshot and it looks just like a discatcher, but the sound is not the same. It is amazing how disappoing it is to make a nice putt and not get the "Ching" reward.

Does it make the stupid plastic sound?

Thanks for all the info some of the baskets look pretty insane to play on. Some of the baskets seem like they wold play more like a basketball shot then a putt.