• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what plastics take dye?

7-8 months after it being dyed,and I throw it more than any other disc in my bag.

basically,GL Ftw.

Attachments

• Photo 7.jpg
    Photo 7.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 598
I did a sample spot on the back of a vibram firm.. it took, now has anyone attempted anything with this? I'm not thinking anything super detailed, kind of looks dull, but no one gets vibram for it's shine. Might try something and see how long it takes to fade.

I did a Glo Stalker and it seemed to work fine. I used black dye which turned out dark brown but I think it was a dye issue instead of a plastic issue (I think my batch of dye had lost its potency due to being used quite a few times).

I have had Great luck with ESP and Star plastic. Champion plastic was ok as well as Z. Dx plastic dyes very poorly. The softer the plastic the worse it will bleed and blur and just not take as dark. Have not tryed any Lat discs. anyone had any luck with Lat. or Westside discs?

Westside discs take dye just as well as Lat64 Opto. :thmbup:

so champ glo works well? ive got a gazelle ive been wanting to emblazon with a portrait of bill murray..

champ glow works well. I just did a glow champ valk yesterday. It's in dye a day thread

What about SSS Wizards???

crappy, they take dye but it gets fuzzy quickly, there have been a few pics out there. If you dye one dye simple patterns, don't go for anything to detailed

X actually dyed surprisingly well for me thinking it was going to suck:
xcomet.jpg

was a quick and dirty design I mainly wanted to fine tune my gradient tool.. which was sticking, not that it's obvious by the giant dark line.. but that's not the point. Just wanted to show that X dyes better than I assumed it would due to the talk about it.

How do the DGA Discs work for dying? I forgot the Reefs are APX's in premium plastics. I was assuming they are regular Discraft plastics, but I wanted to make sure before buying them!

I poured some cold RIT dye in a Discraft X disc and let it sit overnight to see if it was the new formula. It dyed but it was light. Would this be a problem with the dye or is it because it's a Discraft X disc.

I poured some cold RIT dye in a Discraft X disc and let it sit overnight to see if it was the new formula. It dyed but it was light. Would this be a problem with the dye or is it because it's a Discraft X disc.

Most likely, it was the dye not setting long enough. Room temperature(or cold) dye takes a good deal longer to soak in. Whenever I dye undersides, I either heat the dye before hand(and it still takes hours), or I have to leave it the rest of the day and night, and it is still a weaker shade. What color dye and disc was it?

I have heard of the new blend of Rit working a little if you leave it long enough. My girlfriend made some ND Scarlet work on a red Star leopard, but she said it took a few hours and a good deal of heat. I have not been able to get that batch to do anything for me though.

Most likely, it was the dye not setting long enough. Room temperature(or cold) dye takes a good deal longer to soak in. Whenever I dye undersides, I either heat the dye before hand(and it still takes hours), or I have to leave it the rest of the day and night, and it is still a weaker shade. What color dye and disc was it?

I have heard of the new blend of Rit working a little if you leave it long enough. My girlfriend made some ND Scarlet work on a red Star leopard, but she said it took a few hours and a good deal of heat. I have not been able to get that batch to do anything for me though.

I used the Discraft Buzzz X series and dyed it with liquid RIT Cherry Red

Latest posts