• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What potential "exciting" disc golf courses are in development in your area?

How many disc golf courses are in development within a 100 mile radius?

• Total voters

Wally

Par Member
What potential "exciting" disc golf courses are in development in your area?

Now that the the disc golf season is upon us, just curious to see what major courses are in development in your area. You do not have to be directly tied to the project or make offical statements about them rather just share the general rumors or timelines that the course is going to be installed and why you think it will be a potentially great course.

Throughout the winter there has been many shall we say minor courses being updated to the site and I would love to see some local info being shared as to what you can be looking forward to in the upcoming year.

Last edited:
I voted 1, but I meant 2.

I know of a little 9 holer near New Baltimore, and a full 18 near Lansing. Every year i've witnessed courses pop out of the woodwork with no warning though. I'm hoping for a few of those this year!

Last edited:
Carrolton park in bridgeton, MO (which already has a thread in this very forum) looks like it could be cool.

what's gonna blow STL's mind though is if we get a course in Forest Park.
Bonus is, there's layouts designed for THREE course in the park!

THAT is gonna be EPIC if it gets off the ground

I heard a course would be popping up in Central, SC this year... Sadjo1 would probably know more about this...

Within a 100 mile radius of me, there are at least 5 courses currently in some stage of development. There may be more. I'm not sure.

I heard a course would be popping up in Central, SC this year... Sadjo1 would probably know more about this...

The course in Central is currently being cleared. I walked through with the course design team back in January but haven't been involved in any other aspect of the course. The main one doing the design has a really nice and challenging design. I wish I had some time to go and help but I have other projects I'm working on.

We also have a 2nd 18 going into Shaver Recreation Complex in Seneca, SC right now. Six of the new 18 are in the ground and clearing is going on for the remaining 12. Seneca and Central are about 10-12 miles apart.

Rabun County, GA, just across the river in from Seneca has two courses on the verge of installation and several others in the proposal process.

Carrolton park in bridgeton, MO (which already has a thread in this very forum) looks like it could be cool.

what's gonna blow STL's mind though is if we get a course in Forest Park.
Bonus is, there's layouts designed for THREE course in the park!

THAT is gonna be EPIC if it gets off the ground

Les GO!!! that would be awesome! Im probably going to be going to wash U next year, would LOVE to have a course (or 3) right there next to campus!

Well, 3 here in the QC:

* R.L. Smith District Park
* "The Scrapyard" (Idlewild Rd. Park)
* R.C. Bradford (which I am volunteering on as much as possible here in North Mecklenburg)

Oh, and the new one down in bikinjack-ville (aka "The Gas House") makes 4. I think it's named after some rap song by Young MC.

The Charlotte area is lookin' to be straight SATURATED by the end of spring from how it looks. You wont hear me complainin'....

Here around Buffalo, NY we are getting an 18 hole course at Darien Lake State Park and a 2nd 18 at Chestnut Ridge (Eternal Flame course) put in. The Darien Lake course will be great because you can go to a good amusement park then go play 18 before/after and the fact there is not much East of the city. The 2nd 18 at Chestnut Ridge is nice because the it is easily the most heavily travelled course in the area and will easy some of the traffic on the course.. or not.

- Junipero Serra
- Benicia
- Tri Valley
- Lake Sonoma

Go Peter!!! I filled out that survey you sent me for Junipero. Keep puting in great courses. And try to get Tarwater perminant.

Les GO!!! that would be awesome! Im probably going to be going to wash U next year, would LOVE to have a course (or 3) right there next to campus!

as much as it pains me to say this, join the RCF if you aren't already a member.

eventually the money will come around to help courses like forest park go in.

Hi! First time blogger, long time reader. My home town is Noble, Ok. We are in the some of the final stages of completing our course. It will be an 18 with Discatcher Pro baskets. Which I just ordered on 3-23-11. We will be having a work day this Sat. Should have the course basket ready by the end of the weekend. The tee's will be temps until we know this is the final layout before pouring concrete pad's. Complete signage with completion of the permanent pad's. The park is mostly wooded with a few open areas. Most hole's will play between 250'-350'. There is one at 490', and another at 504'. Two will play along a creek for some water challenge. Some elevation changes, but nothing drastic. The park also will include a lighted asphalt walking trail. Which adds to the O.B. challenge. Bathroom's, pavilion, and nice sized parking lot. If all goes well. The course should be playable toward the end of April. Its been about a four year long project due to some local political bumps in the road. None the less. Pumped to finally have our own local course. I will load the course once we have all the info on it. Until then. I can be the source for info.

Columbia, SC area

Pretty reliable rumors of a "championship" course going in at Carolina Adventure Park, about 30 miles north of Columbia. It's a private, 2500-acre facility dedicated to ATV and motorcross riding and other adventure sports, in a very hilly and rural area. They have earthmoving equipment and the resources to make it first-class.

Two other kid- or family-friendly courses coming to Columbia, exciting not because I'll be thrilled to play them, but the stars of 2023 might be.