• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What should be the call?

I am also curious how many groups played the long vs the blue. I am inclined to say throw out the scores for that hole pretty much no matter what though, and probably let the LD take 50% of what he would have gotten for the ace.

It seems the lesson here is to post in writing which baskets/tees will be played. That removes any doubt as to what the LD/TD claims to have said versus what people claim to have heard. If I help run any more events in the future I will try to remember this. Good lesson.

NEVER EVER does everybody listen at the players meeting.

NEVER EVER does everybody print out the caddiebook before the tournament.

I would not count the hole in conflict and say goodbye to the ace. But I also try to run events properly and do what's expected from a TD.

I guess I would like to hear from some of the people who played that outing. I am following this discussion on Facebook and some played longs and some played blues. There is only one hole in question and there seems to be kinda a bone to pick between the OP and the person who set this league match.

I guess I would like to hear from some of the people who played that outing. I am following this discussion on Facebook and some played longs and some played blues. There is only one hole in question and there seems to be kinda a bone to pick between the OP and the person who set this league match.

There is bad blood between OP and the LD. In his spare time, when Juju is not stirring the pot here, he is stirring up the Twin Cities Facebook group. Since Brad wasn't getting the hate reaction he wanted over there, he came to DGCR looking for someone to help fan the fire. :popcorn:

Here is the Facebook conversation which includes the league director's comments:

Brad Junnila
April 8 at 8:53pm
Lol play to the blue baskets. Oh you aced on a blue basket, sorry you played the wrong pin. ‪#‎westsidewednesday‬
Like · Comment
Jordan Castro, Chris Schmidt and 11 others like this.

Dan Lang hashtag black ace
April 8 at 9:01pm · Like · 2

Mike Mudra We always play to long baskets, which i mentioned at players meeting. In the case of hole 3 that means you play to the longer pin to the right. My apologies for not clarifying this before the round.
Yesterday at 5:10am · Like

Brad Junnila Did you still pay out his ace? What about the groups that played to the blue basket as you had instructed?
Yesterday at 5:34am · Like

Ryther Scott I hope the ace got paid out Lol...I wasn't around at the end. Mike Mudra
23 hrs · Like

Brad Junnila He probably ended up getting 2 penalty strokes for misplaying the hole, so par on hole 3 instead of an ace.
23 hrs · Like

Reggie Schutte the east side courses might not be as fancy as your cake-eater courses but at least we know what basket to aim for.. just sayin
23 hrs · Like · 8

Ryther Scott Lol
23 hrs · Like

Scott Belchak Suspended disc penalty stroke
23 hrs · Like

Mike Mudra all aces were paid regardless of the hole the was supposed to be played. it was an oversight on my part as I assumed players understood if a long basket was available that they would play to it, however in the case of #3 there was confusion caused by the fact that the blue basket which traditionally marks long positions was in the short spot while yellow was in the long. this will be clarified each time we play Bryant going forward to avoid confusion.
23 hrs · Like

Brad Junnila Since half the people played to the blue basket and it was the TD's mistake, I would think you would waive all scores on that hole.
23 hrs · Like

Brad Junnila At least that's what I would do.
23 hrs · Like · 2

Mike Mudra my decision was to keep scores as is to how it was played. the proper decision would be stroke penalties for misplay of hole. throwing out scores is not a good idea.
23 hrs · Like

Brad Junnila Why, cause you were the one that aced the wrong hole and got paid?
23 hrs · Like

Brad Junnila Shady
23 hrs · Like

Ryther Scott Shady oakers
23 hrs · Edited · Like · 2

Mike Mudra that was not the reason for my decision, but obviously creates a conflict of interest in your rather selfish way of thinking.
23 hrs · Like

Brad Junnila Just sounds super shady to me that TD says to play all blue baskets, aces a non blue basket and still collects ace pool.
23 hrs · Like

Ryther Scott Bet you guys block each other by the end of the day. #paidoutgreenace
23 hrs · Like · 10

Mike Mudra blue hole on #3 was not supposed to be play. again i mentioned "LONG HOLES" at players meeting and also asked if there were any questions, to which no one responded. someone did call me via phone that started on hole 3 and i told them to play to long basket to right. unfortunately i can't babysit everyone's round and i expect our regular players to know what holes we have played.
23 hrs · Like · 1

Mike Mudra Ryther Scott, i don't block...that's not my thing. i'm fine with having a discussion. juju thinks all things are shady and complains about WSW each year but fails to even play. Attendence is growing each week and everyone seemed to have a great time last night. Next week Crown Town!!!
22 hrs · Like · 3

Ryther Scott ^too bad for you, crown only has one basket per hole.
22 hrs · Like · 6

Brad Junnila GET MUDDY GOING, GET MUDDY GOING!!! It's too easy really.
22 hrs · Like · 2

Paul Kiecker Well I agree.. thats super shaddy.. sounds like the LD needs to learn to patrol the course if he ****s up on stating the rules, instead of trying to compete and then stealing from the pot.
21 hrs · Like

Ted Anderson Just for the record, I played this league for the first time. Had confusion on hole 3 as well, and asked someone before I threw. In conclusion, SUPER understandable why a) someone would throw to the wrong basket (correct basket is blind) and b) how this is an acceptable "error" made by the league administration. TL;DR, in my novice opinion there is anything but foul play, and the call made was objective and correct, with the correct emphasis to make sure it is clarified in the future.
20 hrs · Like · 1

Kris Kapitan There was no stealing of money great shot none the less... Get out of here Paul....who are you?
20 hrs · Like · 7

Patrick Mellon Jesus Brad you cry more than an infant
20 hrs · Like

Patrick Mellon Who throws the shorts at bryant anyways? #notrealdiscgolfers
20 hrs · Like · 3

Patrick Mellon And considering yellow has been at the short spot forever anyone with half a brain should be able to figure out where to throw.
20 hrs · Like

Chris Oorlog If you play two rounds at Bryant, it is actually fun to play the shorts. Different looks and shots.
20 hrs · Like · 3

Brad Junnila Shorts at Bryant can be fun. On hole 3, I usually play to the shorter basket (straight position) as it is a better hole IMO.
20 hrs · Like

Brad Junnila Patrick Mellon, I don't think you're correct about the Yellow being in the short position forever. It has been in the long for as long as I can remember.
20 hrs · Like

Kris Kapitan Ha just bc its a neutral hole. Long spot is total righty.
20 hrs · Like · 2

Brad Junnila It has such a cool green too!
20 hrs · Like · 2

Patrick Mellon So you can only remember as far back as this past week then?
19 hrs · Like

Brad Junnila That yellow discatcher has been in the long position for years! Someone else back me up here.
19 hrs · Like · 1

Ted Anderson Can confirm the yellow has been in the back spot since I started there last May. Blue WITH orange flag has been in the short spot.
19 hrs · Like

Brad Junnila Yup, for years hole three has had the Chainstar in the short position and Yellow Discatcher in the long. Patrick Mellon might be thinking about a different hole.
19 hrs · Like · 2

Kris Kapitan For the past 12 years there has been a chainstar in the short position on hole 3.... Now a blue discatcher
19 hrs · Like

Gabriel Soehren
Gabriel Soehren's photo.
19 hrs · Like · 5

The weird thing is, that juju didn't even play the event.
My opinion is he should let a sleeping dog lie since he doesn't have a dog in this fight.

I thought this was talking about Bryant....I agree it kinda sucks.
But mis communication. And the ONE hole that was changed/swaped....I think it was meant to say, play ALL longs..

But was the ace on hole 3 Long?? Thats a lot tougher than the short straight ahead.

just curious.

There is bad blood between OP and the LD. In his spare time, when Juju is not stirring the pot here, he is stirring up the Twin Cities Facebook group. Since Brad wasn't getting the hate reaction he wanted over there, he came to DGCR looking for someone to help fan the fire. :popcorn:

Here is the Facebook conversation which includes the league director's comments:

Brad Junnila
April 8 at 8:53pm
Lol play to the blue baskets. Oh you aced on a blue basket, sorry you played the wrong pin. ‪#‎westsidewednesday‬
Like · Comment
Jordan Castro, Chris Schmidt and 11 others like this.

Dan Lang hashtag black ace
April 8 at 9:01pm · Like · 2

Mike Mudra We always play to long baskets, which i mentioned at players meeting. In the case of hole 3 that means you play to the longer pin to the right. My apologies for not clarifying this before the round.
Yesterday at 5:10am · Like

Brad Junnila Did you still pay out his ace? What about the groups that played to the blue basket as you had instructed?
Yesterday at 5:34am · Like

Ryther Scott I hope the ace got paid out Lol...I wasn't around at the end. Mike Mudra
23 hrs · Like

Brad Junnila He probably ended up getting 2 penalty strokes for misplaying the hole, so par on hole 3 instead of an ace.
23 hrs · Like

Reggie Schutte the east side courses might not be as fancy as your cake-eater courses but at least we know what basket to aim for.. just sayin
23 hrs · Like · 8

Ryther Scott Lol
23 hrs · Like

Scott Belchak Suspended disc penalty stroke
23 hrs · Like

Mike Mudra all aces were paid regardless of the hole the was supposed to be played. it was an oversight on my part as I assumed players understood if a long basket was available that they would play to it, however in the case of #3 there was confusion caused by the fact that the blue basket which traditionally marks long positions was in the short spot while yellow was in the long. this will be clarified each time we play Bryant going forward to avoid confusion.
23 hrs · Like

Brad Junnila Since half the people played to the blue basket and it was the TD's mistake, I would think you would waive all scores on that hole.
23 hrs · Like

Brad Junnila At least that's what I would do.
23 hrs · Like · 2

Mike Mudra my decision was to keep scores as is to how it was played. the proper decision would be stroke penalties for misplay of hole. throwing out scores is not a good idea.
23 hrs · Like

Brad Junnila Why, cause you were the one that aced the wrong hole and got paid?
23 hrs · Like

Brad Junnila Shady
23 hrs · Like

Ryther Scott Shady oakers
23 hrs · Edited · Like · 2

Mike Mudra that was not the reason for my decision, but obviously creates a conflict of interest in your rather selfish way of thinking.
23 hrs · Like

Brad Junnila Just sounds super shady to me that TD says to play all blue baskets, aces a non blue basket and still collects ace pool.
23 hrs · Like

Ryther Scott Bet you guys block each other by the end of the day. #paidoutgreenace
23 hrs · Like · 10

Mike Mudra blue hole on #3 was not supposed to be play. again i mentioned "LONG HOLES" at players meeting and also asked if there were any questions, to which no one responded. someone did call me via phone that started on hole 3 and i told them to play to long basket to right. unfortunately i can't babysit everyone's round and i expect our regular players to know what holes we have played.
23 hrs · Like · 1

Mike Mudra Ryther Scott, i don't block...that's not my thing. i'm fine with having a discussion. juju thinks all things are shady and complains about WSW each year but fails to even play. Attendence is growing each week and everyone seemed to have a great time last night. Next week Crown Town!!!
22 hrs · Like · 3

Ryther Scott ^too bad for you, crown only has one basket per hole.
22 hrs · Like · 6

Brad Junnila GET MUDDY GOING, GET MUDDY GOING!!! It's too easy really.
22 hrs · Like · 2

Paul Kiecker Well I agree.. thats super shaddy.. sounds like the LD needs to learn to patrol the course if he ****s up on stating the rules, instead of trying to compete and then stealing from the pot.
21 hrs · Like

Ted Anderson Just for the record, I played this league for the first time. Had confusion on hole 3 as well, and asked someone before I threw. In conclusion, SUPER understandable why a) someone would throw to the wrong basket (correct basket is blind) and b) how this is an acceptable "error" made by the league administration. TL;DR, in my novice opinion there is anything but foul play, and the call made was objective and correct, with the correct emphasis to make sure it is clarified in the future.
20 hrs · Like · 1

Kris Kapitan There was no stealing of money great shot none the less... Get out of here Paul....who are you?
20 hrs · Like · 7

Patrick Mellon Jesus Brad you cry more than an infant
20 hrs · Like

Patrick Mellon Who throws the shorts at bryant anyways? #notrealdiscgolfers
20 hrs · Like · 3

Patrick Mellon And considering yellow has been at the short spot forever anyone with half a brain should be able to figure out where to throw.
20 hrs · Like

Chris Oorlog If you play two rounds at Bryant, it is actually fun to play the shorts. Different looks and shots.
20 hrs · Like · 3

Brad Junnila Shorts at Bryant can be fun. On hole 3, I usually play to the shorter basket (straight position) as it is a better hole IMO.
20 hrs · Like

Brad Junnila Patrick Mellon, I don't think you're correct about the Yellow being in the short position forever. It has been in the long for as long as I can remember.
20 hrs · Like

Kris Kapitan Ha just bc its a neutral hole. Long spot is total righty.
20 hrs · Like · 2

Brad Junnila It has such a cool green too!
20 hrs · Like · 2

Patrick Mellon So you can only remember as far back as this past week then?
19 hrs · Like

Brad Junnila That yellow discatcher has been in the long position for years! Someone else back me up here.
19 hrs · Like · 1

Ted Anderson Can confirm the yellow has been in the back spot since I started there last May. Blue WITH orange flag has been in the short spot.
19 hrs · Like

Brad Junnila Yup, for years hole three has had the Chainstar in the short position and Yellow Discatcher in the long. Patrick Mellon might be thinking about a different hole.
19 hrs · Like · 2

Kris Kapitan For the past 12 years there has been a chainstar in the short position on hole 3.... Now a blue discatcher
19 hrs · Like

Gabriel Soehren
Gabriel Soehren's photo.
19 hrs · Like · 5
Reported post. Private group discussion.

^^^I think that's the first time I've heard "objection---inadmissible evidence" used on DGCR.

Not that I don't think the LD is using the situation to his advantage...

Last edited:
You can have private discussions on the interweb? I'm pretty sure that doesn't exist lol

Reported post. Private group discussion.

I think we finally found the answer to this other classic thread you started awhile ago. It's like you knew way back then YOU would be pulling the biggest Richard move.

Oh, and you're close to approaching 'My Life' territory with responses like this.

Why don't they just switch the baskets so this doesn't happen again.
For scores the hole should be thrown out but I don't see a problem paying the ace especially since it was aced on the long basket

Given the way people listen at players' meetings (many don't), I would give the benefit of the doubt to the TD. If he aced the short position and decided to keep the ace pool, that would seem to point more prone to the shenanigans people seem to be accusing of him of ("avoid this league" etc), but not this way around.

If it was indeed an honest one-time mistake on the TD's part, give a little grace. Running a league is a whole lot harder than playing in one. .....oh, but this is Murica where the lynch mob mentality rules.

If dude said, "play all longs," and aced the long basket... whats the problem?

OP, were you even playing that day in that league?

Or are you just a sideline whiner?

Either the hole in question gets played over or scorecards should be noted with the oversight and scores potentially adjusted. And to quote Scarpfish: Just don't play in that league.

Latest posts