• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What should I stock my girlfriends bag with?

Great replies from all, thanx.

We are going to the disc golf store on Wendsday and I know exactly what to get for her bag now:

1 six pack! I always have it, but never thought of makin her carry it before. I'm gonna use the "I don't have room in my bag!" line and I'll let yall know how that goes.

Definately an Ultralight Inferno, and a Leopard or Archangel in 150 class. I checked out the Wolf as a good mid and possabily the Kite.

Should I still go light with the mids? If so, how light?

I would go with 150 or less understable drivers like the cheetah or dx sidewinder.

Mid weight understable mids like a 160-165 wolf.

If she doest like the aviar, the soft gt banger is awesome putter!

If she don't listen to you, get the Climo/Feldberg DVD, which is great for beginners!

Get a Discraft Stratus. Everyone I have seen use this disc as a beginer loves this disc. We had the son of a friend who is 10 play for the first time and he was throwing the Stratus over 100ft. Give that that try.

cocopop, my girlfriend is the same way: extremely stubborn! Whenever she is out golfing with me and my buddy and we try to give her some tips, she never listens. But even with her bad form, she still manages to get the disc out there pretty good. Here's a rundown of her bag:

169 Champ Beast
168 Champ Beast
170 Champ Beast
169 Star Beast
171 Champ Eagle
175 Champ Boss
175 Star Wraith
170 Pro Destroyer
158 DX Spider
167 Star Skeeter
170 DX Cro
168 2008 Ace Race Disc (DiscCraft "Nebula")
175 DX Cobra
172 DX Rhyno

I've got something you can put in your girlfriends bag....A JLS. I gave my wife the one that I fished out of a creek and started the JLS Vs Teebird thread about. She loves it. It is her go to for most shots now because it's SOOOOOOO straight. It does not fade off as much as other drivers at the end of it's flight. She even approaches with it most of the time and so far has parked each approach within 10' with it.

For long drives she can get her Beast the longest and straightest.

She also loves her Omega supersoft putters.

I've got something you can put in your girlfriends bag....A JLS. I gave my wife the one that I fished out of a creek and started the JLS Vs Teebird thread about. She loves it. It is her go to for most shots now because it's SOOOOOOO straight. It does not fade off as much as other drivers at the end of it's flight. She even approaches with it most of the time and so far has parked each approach within 10' with it.

For long drives she can get her Beast the longest and straightest.

She also loves her Omega supersoft putters.

You feelin' alright tonight?

Yeah light weight Sharks are my g/f's favorite disc. I also stocked her bag with a Kite and some lightweight DX plastic drivers 150g beast 162g sidewinder champ. leopard a wolf. She is starting to move into better drivers but mainly played with those the first year

My wife started playing when I started but her right wrist started hurting pretty quickly so she stopped. Know I joined my local disc golf club and she wants to play again but doesn't want the pain in her hand. I suggested for her to play with her left hand. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to develop your left hand? Her present throw, with her left hand, is about 30'. It's kind of embarrassing so I really need some help.

MONDO

Should I still go light with the mids? If so, how light?

Yeah, I'd go light with the mids, and see how she does with them. Try the kite,skeeter,or cobra, all as light as you can find. Then if they become too understable, go up in weight from there. Also, most of the women I've played with usually all like the omega ss putter. And in that I'd go upper 160's to maybe even a 170-171. Hope that all this works for her and we get her hooked!!!!

My wife started playing when I started but her right wrist started hurting pretty quickly so she stopped. Know I joined my local disc golf club and she wants to play again but doesn't want the pain in her hand. I suggested for her to play with her left hand. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to develop your left hand? Her present throw, with her left hand, is about 30'. It's kind of embarrassing so I really need some help.

MONDO

Not sure if this is an option, but how about throwing forehand or overhand instead of backhand? Maybe it was the backhand motion causing the pain?

Thanx for all the suggestions. I Got her 3 discs yesterday and I think they're all gonna help her.

I got her:
128g Ultralight Inferno
151g Valk
165 Breeze

She is siked and ready to golf this Saturday. Even if the discs are bad choices, my mission is a success. She is excited about going disc golfin.

Thanx again guys.

Latest posts