• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What the??

yea they still do it, events are usually one day and the tourney is the next

Yes, September every year .

Friday night is DDC.
Saturday is field events
Sunday is 2 rounds of golf.

The golf is seperate sanctioned event. The payout, however, is within each event and for overall finish.

It really is a lot of fun.

Virginia State Frisbee Championships have been going on in Fredericksburg for 35+ (IIRC 38) years and still going strong. They have 3 days worth of events DDC, MTA, Accuracy, Freestyle, Distance and DG. Lots of fun even just to watch.

I was playing a round with Mela a couple months ago, and just for fun he decided to throw a chickenwing on hole #11 at Tyler. The hole is 324 ft., and he parked it. I was in shock, I had never seen a throw like that before.

the are both chicken wings. the first video is a bit different but still a chicken wing. the second vid is a more "traditional" wing.

When in September is this event? will it be at Middle Creek again?

I'm not sure what the weekend is, it's not on the PDGA schedule yet. I'm pretty sure it'll be at MC again, Jay Pontier and CADL run it and they are based at MC.

Those videos are helpful. I was reading a thread a bout chicken wings and grenades yesterday and I had no earthly idea how the chicken wing was working. Descriptions just didn't do it for me :)

It's just a chicken wing. Many have perfected it. Any of you Carolinians every see Perry Hardison? He was throwing those things to perfection 20yrs ago when I first started playing.

Pretty sure I know who your talking about. He was playing the High Country a few years ago and was crushing them down holes 9 and 18. Pretty awesome to watch!