• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was your "Aha!" moment as a beginner

Just recently had an Aha moment. Just realized my timing was terribly off. Focusing so much on honing technique I was turning into a robot!

Reaching back during my approach (x step) to early. Just noticed after much viewing of technique videos that the key timing, regardless of slight differences in arm movements, is that the full reach back and full forward extension of the plant foot happens at the SAME time!!

Check it out...has changed my game (accuracy, and distance) dramatically!

My aha moment would have to be the day I realized its a game of angles, this angle does this and that angle does that with X disc. Made a lot of sense in my head when someone told me that or heard it somewhere. really improved my game to thing about the angle I was trying to release the disc on before I even got in the box.

My first ah-ha moment was when I found out I could do much better with an actual disc golf disc, instead of a frisbee with pennies taped to the underside for weight.

when I stopped finding discs! I realized I was no longer in the brush looking for my own discs!

As a noob, I didn't even know the G-spot existed, much less what it is. Once I figured out how to use it to my advantage, the game became a lot more interesting. After a while, I was able to refine my technique, and things really opened up for me after that.

As a noob, I didn't even know the G-spot existed, much less what it is. Once I figured out how to use it to my advantage, the game became a lot more interesting. After a while, I was able to refine my technique, and things really opened up for me after that.

:clap:

My "aha" moment has to be that there's no shame in using lighter discs. Dropped my putters to 170 and drivers to 155-165. I'm more confident putting and relaxed off the tee.

Just the other day I corrected by off the tee drives. Take any disc I throw and LOOK at the disc in my RHBH reach back only at the start. Then same run up and same release. Got rid of my throw high and fade hard left. Now comes out clean, straight and proper.

Latest posts