• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was your first ever disc? Do you still have it or throw it?

My 1st purchase was 6 discs, all DX plastic:

Classic Aviar
Polecat
Cobra
Spider
Valkyrie
Teebird

The Teebird is the only one I still don't have, and I don't throw the Polecat or Aviar anymore.
This Valkyrie is beat beyond belief and I overpower it easily, however it's still good for some shots.

Still have 'em, don't throw 'em.

54957_g.jpg

54955_g.jpg

My first disc was a Star Kite.
Still have it, but no pic.
After my kids got me hooked, I went to the local PIAS and picked it out from the charts on the wall.
Never did like it, even then.

my first discs I bought were the Innova Chapion starter set (valk, panther, & P&A Aviar)
$19.99 for all 3!
still have em! It was just last month!

First 2 discs were definatley an orange 174 Wolf (still have) and a 175 Spider (for sale in Gottafixit's stash).
After that it gets foggy. Was it a Valkyrie, and Aero, or a stingray...I can't remember.

I can't even remember what my first discs were. I know I got the starter set at one point (Leo, Shark, Aviar DX) I still have those. I know I played with a DX Archangel early on too, but that's look gone. Split it in half on impact with a tree.

My first disc was a DX orange Wolf. Years ago, I lost it in a lake at WInthrop and immediately went in after it. I didn't find mine, but I did find ANOTHER orange DX Wolf...crazy.

I still have it and just recently took it out of my bag because I replaced it with a Z-Buzzz that I found and liked a lot better.

My first golf specific disc was a Whamo Midnight Flyer #6. Its been hanging on the wall for quite sometime now! If you would like to see it, or some other early golf discs, go to my social profile, and click on my "old school discs" folder.

Mine was the Whamo Carving Driver which came in their starter set. I lost the other two I got with it, but I've still got that one.

My first two discs were a 175g Taffy Red CE TL, and a 175g Taffy Yellow CE Leopard. Lost the leopard 3+ years ago only to have it returned on my birthday this year, as well as a purple taffy CE Leopard that I lost in the pond at Jefferson, NC during the inaugural tourney there four years ago! All are still in the bag!

my first two discs i bought was a champ monarch that i lost about 3 months ago in water. I really liked that disc. I also bought an elite-x comet that i still have. I have since retired it.

A 150 class DGA Squall. Yes, I stil have it but it has been long retired as it was my first ace disc :thmbup:

first found disc: dx stingray with no number, first day playing. used it for 4-5 months then lost it. someone found it, let the guy keep it. should have gotten it back because it was my first disc, and stingrays are sweet. oh well.

first bought disc: star wraith. told the guy at the disc/head shop i liked to throw OH and he gives me this. worked ok for overhand but couldnt do anything with it backhand (although i tried!)

I bought my first two discs the same day...I needed a driver and a putter. So of course, it was completely based on the stamps. The PIAS I went to only carried Innova, so I went with an Orange Dx Wraith (rainbow stamp) and a White Dx Polecat with red stamp. I thought I was the ****, had never even thrown a disc before. I just lost both those discs on the same day in march at Buckhorn. The Wraith was sooo flippy it was time to get that thing out of my bag...and the lid of a putter made room for my Magics. All in all, I was happy with the two, sad when I lost them, but have improved my arsenal since.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't me first, but the first one I remember specifically was a Stealth. I gave it to a guy playing with a regular frisbee once I transitioned to a new driver.

First discs were DX Leopard, DX Skeeter, and DX Aviar P&A. I was soon addicted to the sport and have 50+ discs a year later. The leopard and skeeter are a little beat up, but the Aviar is still in good shape but dont use it anymore.

A tie dye Z Buzzz given to me by my buddy who got me started in this awesome sport.I got my 1st ace with it and its now a wallhanger, but ill occasionally take it out for a spin every so often..love that disc.

A yellow/green dyed Star Stingray, not sure on the weight but I dont have it anymore thats for sure. I did have some pretty impressive throws with it though.

My first disc was an Innova Wolf, which I bought because I liked the pic of the doggie.

When I started getting more discs, the Wolf stayed in my bag as a mid until I finally lost it in the open sewer (read "water hazard") on #13 at Dolese Park, Oklahoma City. RIP but I'm sure as hell not going in after you!

Latest posts