• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What Was Your Most Dissapointing Plastic Purchase?

MVP Tensor.....mine was 177g and had the same glide of a go-cart tire

Prometheus - Big as a dinner plate. Had enough flashing on it to make another disc and was beyond overstable. Way beyond.

Green Avengers - I've had a half dozen Avengers and they're usually have a decent to a lot of dome. One of my all time favorite discs. Except the green ones. The 2 greens ones I've gotten, a 176 and later 166 were flat as pancakes and much, much more OS with almost no glide.

Blizzard Destroyer - Way to overstable. Not insane like the Prometheus but even after a lot of throws and leaving it on the roof for 2 months has not made a dent in it. Throws like the day I bought it.

Blizzard Teedevil. I don't know what I was thinking. I came across it in my box of used discs a couple of weeks ago and gave it to a newb friend as a joke. I figure I will let him try to figure it out and when he can't, we will have a good laugh. :clap:

Saint. Heard all about the glide, but it just never happened for me. Tried different weights and plastics, but no luck. Love the Fury and Striker though from Lat 64, so was disappointed to not have a trio of their drivers to work with.

Was not a big fan of MVP initially, but realized much of what I experienced was due to poor form issues on my part. Since making some corrections those discs have really come alive for me and have been very fun to throw.

Discmania C FD. 7 6 0 1 shold be a disc I can work with. No way in hell was the glide 6, and it was a total meathook. I felt like I wAs throwing an Ape.

Star tern. Too flippy.
D3. Too meaty.
lucid renegade. Made me too good of a golfer, and now that i lost it, i suck and my self esteem sucks. Everything sucks! Merry Christmas!

Latitude saint.

Not as much glide as my teebirds and about the same distance even for being a 9 speed or whatever. Also had too much high speed turn for saying "overstable control driver" stamped right on the damn thing. Oh and it was almost $20, **** yea swedish plastic

Latitude saint.

Not as much glide as my teebirds and about the same distance even for being a 9 speed or whatever. Also had too much high speed turn for saying "overstable control driver" stamped right on the damn thing. Oh and it was almost $20, **** yea swedish plastic

lol yeah i bag saints and there my go to for straight finishes. but overstable seems like lat 64 was trollin. it cant hold up in a head wind worth a damm. turns a bit (a lot for a "OS driver")

but i let it work its turn and small fade and i get straight finishes. probably the most complimented throws ive had. people always ask what it is i throw them with a slight hyzer and it flips up to straight and barely fades. i just look past the overstable part haha. no way its overstable driver

MD3 -C line. I bought this hoping for a Wasp- like flight. Instead, I got something else. I think it is a good disc, I just did not find it useful for the slot it was intended. I wanted very straight with a good amount of low speed stability. Mine had some high speed turn and a straight finish. Still a neat disc, but not what I was expecting. M2 replaced it very nicely.

lol yeah i bag saints and there my go to for straight finishes. but overstable seems like lat 64 was trollin. it cant hold up in a head wind worth a damm. turns a bit (a lot for a "OS driver")

but i let it work its turn and small fade and i get straight finishes. probably the most complimented throws ive had. people always ask what it is i throw them with a slight hyzer and it flips up to straight and barely fades. i just look past the overstable part haha. no way its overstable driver

I could see it being a good line shaping disc in all honesty, however it just didn't work out for me. I think it was so overhyped when I bought it that my expectations were way too high...

Champ tie die boss. This thing was crazy overstable. I have another one, flat top though, and it's much more controllable.

River. I picked up a 175 GL river thinking it was going to change my life (I know, big mistake). It just did nothing better for me than leopards. Yeah it was glidey, but was also super duper nose angle sensitive.

Resistor. I generally love MVP discs but me and that disc did not click. At all. The other would be many moons ago when I bought a Discraft Shadow. Soooooo domey and had a weird rim. But it was the hlt new thing so I threw it for like, two years.

Star tern. Too flippy.
D3. Too meaty.
lucid renegade. Made me too good of a golfer, and now that i lost it, i suck and my self esteem sucks. Everything sucks! Merry Christmas!

Renegades are an awesome disc for sure, it surprised the hell out of me I've never had a disc as easy to hyper flip that retains as much control also excellent for long rollers and big turnovers.

Latitude Saint. It just went up where I threw it and died. Like it stopped spinning and fell to earth with a whimper. Cant explain it.

Z Hornets, 150 and 170. Glidey very overstable discs are great in theory, but in use the extra space underneath the flight plate just serves as a spring board to knock the disc around.