• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What Was Your Most Dissapointing Plastic Purchase?

epic. takes a year to learn how to sometimes control it.

but anything blizzard is terrible! just never know what it is going to fly like.

Discs that i am dissapointed in that i purchased.

hmmm.......

flx nuke was too soft. i wanted a grippy disc that could get wet and still hold the grip. too soft and rubbery

stag- i loved the stag and thought the glide was amazing. but the reason they are in the hate pile is the flight ratings are nothing like they should. it is more like a 10 6 -2 1. but i have a vip plastic that is super stable. more like a 10 6 0 3. it flies like it should but more speed.

the underworld.- it was a hit or miss. i bought 2 of them. 1 was in a bad red color that matched the leaves but super understable. the other was bright yellow and vip. super stable. did not turn. did not like the way it flew.

tursas- this is interesting. it was flippy for sure. i only threw it about 12 times. i was looking for midrange distance such as 200-250. this disc can fly like 300. i did not want that. i have the river that does that perfectly fine.

pretty much all blizzard plastic. to make them fly like normal i have to HF the disc. some time it was too much other times it is too low. i now throw nothing but 168-175 terns.

Tursas, too much glide, had little to no control compared to my tangent, and it quickly turned into insta roller crap disc... low durability in VIP plastic, it still looks good but flies like its beat.

Most Latitude 64 discs and sub companies discs have too much glide for me, can't seem to control them well.. they just float forever, not range-able.. easy distance for noodle arms but not control

Any innova disc i have not been able to replace, your best off buying 10 of any run/weight/color you like right away because a year or 2 down the road you will not be able to get one that will fly the same off the shelf and , and i will not pay $30-$50 OOP prices to replace it. Most notably my s/ds Destroyers and 11x Eagles, if they could just produce things consistently enough from year to year, i would still be throwing innova. After my good ones ran out, i started switching over to MVP and have been mostly happy since.

First Run MVP Shocks, i ordered a stack of these and they turned out to be flippy and not as advertised. Luckily MVP a week later announced they released shocks that didnt pass quality standards and they had to change their molding technique and so i was able to send them back in for replacements. The replacements flew exactly as advertised.

First Run MVP Amps, they fooled me again by releasing first run freak amps that flew much more stable than advertised, but again they fixed the problem and recent runs have been consistently more under-stable ever since.

MVP disappointed me a lot with their first fairway driver releases, the early runs all came off wrong and i almost lost faith in their consistency claims, but they made the changes to produce consistent runs ever since and i have not had anymore problems. They have also changed a couple molds since release and im really not a fan of that either, but i like the changes enough to be okay with it. most notably the Volt being changed to have almost 0 HSS turn and more fade, its still the same disc if you take the time to beat them into what they used to fly like out of the box, which is cool because they have a better break in period now.

Last edited:
:clap::clap:
[First Run MVP Shocks, i ordered a stack of these and they turned out to be flippy and not as advertised. Luckily MVP a week later announced they released shocks that didnt pass quality standards and they had to change their molding technique and so i was able to send them back in for replacements. The replacements flew exactly as advertised.

First Run MVP Amps, they fooled me again by releasing first run freak amps that flew much more stable than advertised, but again they fixed the problem and recent runs have been consistently more under-stable ever since.

MVP disappointed me a lot with their first fairway driver releases, the early runs all came off wrong and i almost lost faith in their consistency claims, but they made the changes to produce consistent runs ever since and i have not had anymore problems. They have also changed a couple molds since release and im really not a fan of that either, but i like the changes enough to be okay with it. most notably the Volt being changed to have almost 0 HSS turn and more fade, its still the same disc if you take the time to beat them into what they used to fly like out of the box, which is cool because they have a better break in period now.
:clap::clap:

while bubble gum FR shock is in the bag... um WTF?! far from OS and makes the amp look beefy.

Right now I feel like the Roc3 just doesn't work for me. I was expecting it to be overstable with the champ plastic, but among my other Rocs, it consistently turns over and won't hold my line.

Champ Tern. Total waste for me. Don't know if it was a bad disc or my bad form but I couldn't do a single useful thing with that disc.

Avenger SS - I've actually purchased several in all different plastics and just can't seem to get them to work for me.

One of the first discs I bought was a Pro-D Buzzz. I hit one tree and it practically imploded, instantly turning into a puddle top disc. I've never been able to get into Discraft since then.

Also, a Blizzard Wraith I had. That thing would turn over with just a whisper.

first run prodigy drivers that flew unlike they were supposed to, D1 wasn't that stable, D4 was too stable

I bought every single Latitude 64 disc they made when they got into business. They were horrible! My bag was full of them. I used the discs for one year and then ditched them.

Sinus SP + AP , Medius, Mirus, Primitus.

Having said that I love new Latitude discs. New favorite L64 discs: Striker, Flow, Havoc and Halo.

One of the first discs I bought was a Pro-D Buzzz. I hit one tree and it practically imploded, instantly turning into a puddle top disc. I've never been able to get into Discraft since then.

Also, a Blizzard Wraith I had. That thing would turn over with just a whisper.

Yeah Discraft doesn't have the best budget plastic, it's better than the basic Lightning discs, but not as durable as DX or Sure Grip. To be fair though, Discrafts premium plastics are quite nice, I actually prefer ESP (especially the FLX runs) to Innova Star or other similar high end blends, has a better feel and the bright vibrant colors are generally easy to spot.

Wow, seems a lot of hate in here for various molds. Personally I haven't ran into a disc mold I couldn't throw. Now there is plastic I don't like. Anything that gets beat so fast as to basically make it damn near a different disc every 3rd throw I don't like. I like a bit more consistency and durability with my discs. I even throw a lot of the hates discs on this thread very well. Most of them I didn't buy but found :) So it didn't bother me to toss those discs more than a few times to learn their flight characteristics.

I guess for most it is the expectation levels weren't met with certain discs and that generates most of the hate?

Latest posts