• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What Was Your Most Dissapointing Plastic Purchase?

I would say that my most disappointing plastic purchase was one of the early ions, a blue, medium, no stamp, textured bottom from when they first ran their medium plastic. I wanted to like it. I really wanted to like it. But I just never gelled with that particular disc.. And so it sits, collecting dust on my shelf. I haven't gotten rid of it because every once and a while I think, "Hey, lets give the ol' Ion another shot at the bag." But meh.

I may have already posted in this thread, but i just thought about it and mines definitely gonna have to be the Dx Stingray, i bought one recently looking for a quick answer to my desire for a flippy Roc, but the thing immediately rolled over like a mamba every time . Apparently what i was looking for was the DX Cobra because i bought that right after and it flies exactly how i wanted.

Aside from just trying discs to throw something new, there is one that stands out as a disc I really wanted to work with that I ended up not liking at all. The goldline mace was pretty disappointing. I guess I was expecting a Roc-like flight out of it from what I heard here, and the 3 I tried were pretty glideless and overstable, even compared to older champ rocs that I had thrown. Typically the dcgr hivemind is closer to right than wrong. It's completely turned me off to trying the zero line, and I've stuck with the GL and opto pain since then because I feel like it's closer to the flight I was looking for)

anything blizzard is trash. bought a krait that had more beef than a flat 12xfirebird max weight. destroyer would flip like it was a 4/10 katana. so unpredictable and a paper plate in the wind.

zombee-filling a spot between stalker and buzz that honestly really doesnt need to be filled.

pro saint- shoulda kept it a speed 9 like the regular saint. the speed 8 is between a firebird and a max weight ti stalker that i both have in my bag and would be worthless to have a pro saint. i bought two at first too cuz i was so sure i wanted to bag them being as my saint is my go to straight d driver.

other honorable mentions- TD-not a turning driver out of the box. comet-way to glidey for its own damm good.

That's funny your Krait turned out to be Beef. I have a Blizz Krait and it's more flippy than my super-beat-in Valkyrie.

*Sings* UNPREDICTABLE BLIZZARD!

I'll probably get lynched for this one, but I would have to say the old pearly gator. I kept reading how amazing they are and at that price, they had to be, right? Well, in my experience, I felt like the rim was a little too bulky for me and didn't have the consistency of my Zones. I'll stick with the Zone. On a lighter note, I was at least able to make every bit of my money back on the Gator and then some, so it wasn't an overall bad purchase.

Champ Tern. Total waste for me. Don't know if it was a bad disc or my bad form but I couldn't do a single useful thing with that disc.

well dang haha i can kinda agree on this one.. although the star tern is much much different than the champ tern. then again my friend BOMBS the champ tern so it might be your form.. he hasnt had any problems with it and i just prefer the star tern even though i dont throw much innova anymore..

The most disappointing plastic i ever felt/threw was anything gateway... it literally just felt awful haha they need to stick to making baskets!

Salient Discs Prometheus. After all the big claims, I expected something that flew at least a little different. It turns out it's just another high speed driver that's the size of a midrange. I wouldn't have been so disappointed if it wasn't for all the ridiculous hype. :thmbdown:

The Quest AT scream lol.

Was at a random sports store that sold discs and i saw a couple Quest discs there. never heard of the brand before and the plastic felt different from anything i'd ever felt. I don't know what i was expecting the disc to do, But it doesn't really do anything. Just sucks and i can't put it any better than that haha.

Also, A Pro D Surge. I have an ESP Surge thats my go to disc when nothing else works out for me. So i bought a cheap one to use on water holes and it has a way larger dome and wants to turn over with every throw. It's probably just me.

Star Lite TeeBird. It was godawful when I threw it. Luckily, it's perfect for my wife. When thrown at her power level it flies frozen rope straight. Tragedy averted, I'm a hero!

Star Lite TeeBird. It was godawful when I threw it. Luckily, it's perfect for my wife. When thrown at her power level it flies frozen rope straight. Tragedy averted, I'm a hero!

Yeah

All the starlight I've tried has sucked balls.

I'm also not a fan of MVP plastic. For some reason their discs are the most slippery I've ever thrown when wet, especially their putters. I fully expect MVP supporters to hunt me down now. I'm absolutely positive MVP Fan Boys were a gang in The Warriors movie

I'm also not a fan of MVP plastic. For some reason their discs are the most slippery I've ever thrown when wet, especially their putters. I fully expect MVP supporters to hunt me down now. I'm absolutely positive MVP Fan Boys were a gang in The Warriors movie

Butlertron, come out and playayay!!!