• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the best practice basket?

Which is the best sub-$200 practice basket?

• DISCatcher SkillShot

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • DISCatcher Sport

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • DISCatcher Traveler

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • M-14

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Mach Lite

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • other

Votes: 9 14.3%

• Total voters
sorry, only from clearwaterdiscgolfstore. I have not made a basket purchase from DGC.

But actually I remember someone getting one broken, I'll check to see if it was from DGC

Here is the thread, it may make you rethink the discatcher, maybe not: broken basket

it doesn't help answer you question though

Last edited:
I can't speak for the other options on the poll, but I have a Skillshot and love it. It may not grab as well as some of the other baskets, as it only has a single ring of chains. It is light, portable, and reasonably priced at ~$120.

DC Traveler if you want something portable and lightweight. It is easy to set up and take down.

DC Sport if you want a practice basket that will stay put or may occasionally take a road trip.

Just bought a skillshot today, set it up in the yard and it is beautiful, I threw a few shots into it (I wanted to spend all evening out there, but I had to be sociable as I was visiting my grandparents) so far it's awesome, a perfect practice target for myself - I am looking forward to seeing improvements in my putting!

I can't comment on the others, other than the Mach Lite looked even more impressive in the store - I settled for the $40 cheaper price tag between the 2 very similar baskets.

It seems these threads become a "the basket I own is the best" thread.

I have a skill shot and a sport. Meh...
The two top cheap baskets IMO are that ching one with the rim, and the sport. Both have thier drawbacks but are the closest for the price. The db14 is cheap and could very well break- look at those janky pieces hanging out past the diameter. The skillshot and Mach lite are not real baskets, unless youre looking to make your own temp holes, I would not suggest it. Jmho.
Though I was excited and pleased when I got any basket, I later wished I would of waited to get a "real" basket. I should also say that the logic I use with dg purchases is that I don't plan on quiting any time soon- meaning ever.

... bought a skillshot ... it's awesome, a perfect practice target for myself ...

...the Mach Lite looked even more impressive in the store - I settled for the $40 cheaper price tag between the 2 very similar baskets.
I agree. I found the SkillShot for $110 shipped, so I will save the $ and be fine with it. It's nice for backyard practice or to take on camping trips.

I was gonna get the Traveler, but I just like the natural sight of chains and the sound when I sink a putt.

Even though the price tag is a little high. The DGA Mach Lite is a great target. It is easy to set up and take down. It is well made, and gives a realistic basket feel.

I usually use mine at least a half hour each day (Weather permitting) and my putting game has greatly improved.

I also take it out to the field that I practice driving on and set it up in all sorts of different places to help me better judge my accuracy.

Easily the best $140 I have ever spent. I would say it pays for it self in the strokes it has saved me on the course.

Latest posts