• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the most you've ever spent on a disc?

the1discChallenge

Eagle Member
For sake of conversation, what's the most you've ever spent on a disc? I personally don't collect, but I do enjoy a good "collectable thrower" every once in a while. I've gotten a couple used CE/11x discs for around the $30 mark, but I don't like to go above that for any single disc. How about you?

Same. I'm right around the 30s where I really start questioning what in the hell im actually buying. But those are typically for "mint collectors" that I wanted in my collection. For a thrower, not much more than 20 I'm sure.

20 dollars for a 2015 world's stamped teebird that I ended up getting signed by mcbeth and schusterick. Easy to say it is hanging on my wall right now :)

$17 for a few premium discs.

Most of what I throw I traded for, bought for <$10 or won at a tourney.

I've spent 40 on a thrower. And frankly if I could get some backups at that price I'd do it again.

I somewhat regularly spend 20-30 on discs from a particular run that I am infatuated with.

I don't collect at all. Well, I do have one CE teebird 10/10 that is a collector. And it was expensive. But that is it.

$22 For a ledgestone cryztal flx zone I think was the most. I found them for cheaper at other sites, but decided to spend the extra $2 for the color/weight I wanted.

Spent $20 on a Moonshine Verdict with the Truth stamp on it, and for my Decodye Pure. Only other LE Stamp I bought was on sale for Black Friday, Skullboy Theory, I think I came out of that one only spending $16.

The only guilty pleasure I have is Champion USDGC Rancho Rocs. I believe the most I've paid for one was around $60. Besides that I try to keep my bag filled with easy to replace plastic.

Funny this thread comes up right after I just spent 40 on an old school tooled buzzz. Mine just cracked in half after hitting a tree on a cold day, so i needed a replacement. I actually won an ebay auction for another one for 20 bucks a couple days ago, so now i will have a backup. They just don't make em like they used to

With shipping and what not, I paid about $22 for my Blizzard Enhanced Champion TeeRex from the ol' Innova Factory Store. I like cheap throwers for the most part, but I had a compulsion to try this mold, so I ponied up.

So what's the most you've spent on a disc :D @PB

I honestly don't remember what I paid for that CE teebird. At the time I had more disposable income to burn on random stuff, and I kinda felt like it was cool to own such a piece of disc golf history.

Whatever that exact number was, I'm certain I won't spend close to that much again. 40ish for a hard to find run of a thrower I really love is my real max.

Think I spent around 22$ for a Crystal FLX Buzz GT.

Buddy of mine spent almost 90$ on a Glow Blowfly

$110

Brand new, never thrown, original Innova Eagle (pre-Aero). There is no tooling on the bottom, and it sports the rare TM symbol (Innova couldn't trademark the word Champion, as I understand it). Bought it for the history behind the disc.

Latest posts