• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

whats up with the lack of Waco thread

Hope Brutus is alright. I defo also loaded this page a number of times waiting to find a thread about WACO. Especially after Ricky got the penalty strokes. I got quite annoyed about him phrasing it as "...at which point a player decided to alert the TD to it [i.e. the fact, let me reiterate: FACT, that he was at the 1st tee less than 5 minutes before the tee time]" making it about that more than what actually happened and painting the person in negative light. Should not have read the comments on that FB post because that riled me up even more. Thats why nothing gets called because everyone vilifies the person doing their best to call the rules as they are.

As for coverage, thanks to the new pricing of DGN, I decided to go the "limit social media exposure, wait for Jomez" way and had no trouble with it. Little less social media never hurts. Super exciting finish despite it not being on the Beast 17&18.

Post-Prodigy Gannon Buhr seems pretty dialed. While a little bummed that Niklas didnt win, I am quite psyched about the way he has started his season. Hoping for bigger better things to come.

He has to check in with whatever staff member is handling it and you can bet that that staff member was aware of the new rule. Probably didn't take another player to narc him out. The inattention of some of the players in general to rules stuff is disheartening. The job requires just an eensy weensy bit of stuff beyond throwing a disc and they repeatedly balk at doing any of it.

Hmmm.... Lake Waco was hardly a Traditional Ball Golf made for Disc Golf course. It turned out to be a pretty awesome course with all kinds of shots, not just power bomb hyzers. The finish was epic and worth every cent I paid to DGTV to watch. It was a 100% win for DGPT and for the fans who attended and watched online.
Right Course is Better for Waco Lake course. I am happy to see course was not an Emporium or old Utah Open second course. Playing a boring only ever going to be a Traditional Ball Golf used for a temporary Disc Golf tournament only course is just sad. I do hope main flaw of an elevated tee pad and cheap plastic Astroturf is fixed if site does eventually become a real Disc Golf course on a public Golf Course or we might have to abandon PDGA stop on the Traditional Ball Golf Course forever.

I am just tired of hearing Lako over Lake Waco by some people online. Lako Sounds like a person who is a person who would spell contractions can't as cant, when cant is how far something tilts from normal. If using Lako it should be Lak'o not Lako and more an emphasis as Lak'o as Lack-o not saying Lake-o if English is going to be used.

Last edited:
He has to check in with whatever staff member is handling it and you can bet that that staff member was aware of the new rule. Probably didn't take another player to narc him out. The inattention of some of the players in general to rules stuff is disheartening. The job requires just an eensy weensy bit of stuff beyond throwing a disc and they repeatedly balk at doing any of it.
Yes, or could have been Ricky Wysocky knowing rules and just trying to use his pro level of status to point out how dumb new rule is for PDGA or exclusively Pro Tour.

Hope Brutus is alright. I defo also loaded this page a number of times waiting to find a thread about WACO. Especially after Ricky got the penalty strokes. I got quite annoyed about him phrasing it as "...at which point a player decided to alert the TD to it [i.e. the fact, let me reiterate: FACT, that he was at the 1st tee less than 5 minutes before the tee time]" making it about that more than what actually happened and painting the person in negative light. Should not have read the comments on that FB post because that riled me up even more. Thats why nothing gets called because everyone vilifies the person doing their best to call the rules as they are.

As for coverage, thanks to the new pricing of DGN, I decided to go the "limit social media exposure, wait for Jomez" way and had no trouble with it. Little less social media never hurts. Super exciting finish despite it not being on the Beast 17&18.

Post-Prodigy Gannon Buhr seems pretty dialed. While a little bummed that Niklas didnt win, I am quite psyched about the way he has started his season. Hoping for bigger better things to come.
I do not like live coverage of Disc Golf as it plays as slow as pre pitch clock 199_ to 2022 Baseball where here is 5 minutes of nothing but fake runs and no throwing to base on all pitches this could happen. 😴

Even Traditional Ball Golf I can/could watch live if the PGA had good enough coverage of ball from beginning to end as they will have some fixed cameras the production people will switch to where a hole is knowingly going to be hard or is an iconic shot.

Right Course is Better for Waco Lake course. I am happy to see course was not an Emporium or old Utah Open second course. Playing a boring only ever going to be a Traditional Ball Golf used for a temporary Disc Golf tournament only course is just sad. I do hope main flaw of an elevated tee pad and cheap plastic Astroturf is fixed if site does eventually become a real Disc Golf course on a public Golf Course or we might have to abandon PDGA stop on the Traditional Ball Golf Course forever.

I am just tired of hearing Lako over Lake Waco by some people online. Lako Sounds like a person who is a person who would spell contractions can't as cant, when cant is how far something tilts from normal. If using Lako it should be Lak'o not Lako and more an emphasis as Lak'o as Lack-o not saying Lake-o if English is going to be used.
Land-o-wakes

I enjoyed the tournament very much. I find it strange that the overall attitude on this site is so negative towards the DGPT. Yes - they do some head scratching things sometimes, but I prefer to give them a break as they grow and see how things progress from year to year. I do understand that it is expensive to pay for the Disc Golf Network, but I'm willing to pay for the sport I love. I also came to this site every day last week to see if there was a thread about the Waco tournament yet and was bummed to see nothing. There wasn't much talk leading up to the start of the season for All Star weekend either. I don't use reddit, so there doesn't seem to be anywhere else to discuss the tournaments. Hopefully we can get a little more positive vibes towards the pro tour this season.

Bit annoyed that chase card coverage is being touted on Jomezpro just as much as I am missing the additional providers content of CHASE CARD coverage. No more, hello friends and family?

Pleased to see Mason Ford rocking the Mint Discs on the final round lead card and securing a decent finish. The bogey on 18 had to be disappointing for him, though. Hoping he has a better year than last. Maybe this run of Texas tourney's could be a nice springboard.

Last year I could watch FPO Jomez coverage by about 9 CDT same day. Post-purchase, it comes out next day. Not that there is any credible risk of spoilers unless I log on here...

na yall got it all wrong

brutus used to fire all these tourney threads off and we got spoiled

then brutus stopped and no one stepped up

You'll be saying the same thing about me in a couple months.

wolf used to fire off all those reviews and we got spoiled

then wolf wasn't able to use the app to score and mark courses played for the wife and the oops we ran into a problem shit that kept popping up everytime he tried to browse the map must've drove him off the deep end.

Coming to a dead forum near you soon.

You'll be saying the same thing about me in a couple months.

wolf used to fire off all those reviews and we got spoiled

then wolf wasn't able to use the app to score and mark courses played for the wife and the oops we ran into a problem shit that kept popping up everytime he tried to browse the map must've drove him off the deep end.

Coming to a dead forum near you soon.
Genuinely sorry to hear of these problems, Wolf. And it must be frustrating on an almost daily basis. I suggest you consider my alternative approach:

~uDisc (premium account): mapping courses to play, record of courses played, on-course navigation and score-keeping, personal stats.

~DGCR (basic account): quality course reviews and intelligent conversation.

While I miss a few of the perks of a DGCR premium account (and might eventually go back to one), I'm getting used to it. It doesn't really affect my usage.

Maybe a simpler way to break it down: uDisc for mobile activities and DGCR for desktop ones.

Yes, or could have been Ricky Wysocky knowing rules and just trying to use his pro level of status to point out how dumb new rule is for PDGA or exclusively Pro Tour.
My observation from WACO:
The tournament announcer (the same person players checked in with) did use the PA to alert players that they had "...X minutes to check in." While this works pretty well at at the bEast course where the practice putting area is relatively close the hole one. At the Lake Waco course this was quite a ways off near the player parking area and it does take some time to walk from there to the check in tent. In either case the new rule wasn't a last minute change and we as players at a sanction event have a responsibility to know and adhere to the rules. And while it may upset RW and his fans you can rest assured that he wont make the same error for the rest of the season.

i nave come here a few times in the past 3 days or so to see discussions AKA opinions on the Waco 2024 tour stop. i'm not seeing anything, should i be boycotting this tournament for some political statement or another reason? i got really excited for Nate Sextons / Ricky W's play and of course the dramatic finish that i will be watching tomorrow (i hope). just wondering where this site is heading.
DGN created a thread. You have to pay for access. You can't edit anything, or read anyone's posts unless you have a DGN membership and agree to "grow the sport" by giving them money for things that two years ago were free.

...and furthermore: would've loved to see Barela's skip-ace on #11 (I think) in the final round.

Great to see Barsby on a lead card again doing typical Barsby "throw-in things".

Hope Chandler Fry is ok after taking a fall on #2 at Lake Waco and withdrawing from the tournament (Friday?)

Latest posts