• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's up with this guy? PDGA conspiracy?

Funny, I just played with this old timer named Jeff two days ago in a course in the bay area, he was talking about how he had the time of his life with this guy you are talking about. He said he had a course w/ no baskets marked w/ a lot of obstacles, blow holes and other things around. He didn't have any discs but the guy gave him two nukes and a putter and let him keep them/played with him for a couple days.

He said he got banned from the PDGA for some reason but had 'brought disc golf to Hawaii' or something. I believe he hosted some of their first tournaments? Anyways, it's all hearsay, I just think it's funny I played with someone who mentioned this character and all of the sudden this post comes up:p

This is the point where forum anonymity allows speculation. We've all been here for a while and it's hard not to get jaded.

Uum, right. Question, how many other 'first' world countries are there? (Hint: England, Germany, Canada, all fall into second world.) To the landfill!

Where does 'first-world' come into play in the following quote?

"Look at the battle they have been taking on for years and must not realize the superior quality of life they get being A PART OF THE LARGEST AND MOST POWERFUL COUNTRY IN THE WORLD."

The claim I rejected was that America is the largest country in the world. Russia, Canada, and China are all larger. Who's talking about first-world?

How else is LARGER supposed to be interpreted? That we all live "larger than life" or something?

dog-bounty-hunter-kevin1.jpg
I really feel for people from Hawaii. This clownshoe is the first thing way to many people think of when they hear the name of our 50th state...:sick:

This nut job used to clog up the facebook page of our local disc golf shop (now closed). Eventually they banned him (good riddance).

I am stationed at Pearl Harbor on Oahu and the HDGA is a great group of guys. Like stated earlier, most of the HDGA guys will drop what they are doing to play a round at one of the many temp courses around the island. Myself and a few other military guys have a couple of temp courses we play weekly on base. The courses are pretty good and we have had lots of visitors to the islands come on base to play the courses. Most of the Dg'ers on the island that know of Bobby just ignore him and basically describe him as crazy.

Range Rick: where is there a permanent course getting installed? Turtle Bay? i know there is a temp 9 hole up there and was thinking they should put in place a permanent. any info you got would be great so i can spread the word.

David, looks like I jumped the gun a bit. The Turtle Bay resort's website makes a big deal about their new 9 hole course, and it seems as if it is going to be a permanent addition, but they are using traveler baskets for the time being. Maybe I was just getting my hopes up!

David, looks like I jumped the gun a bit. The Turtle Bay resort's website makes a big deal about their new 9 hole course, and it seems as if it is going to be a permanent addition, but they are using traveler baskets for the time being. Maybe I was just getting my hopes up!

Correct, they do have traveler baskets but it was my understanding that the course itself is permanent. Or as permanent as a course can be considering the baskets are designed to be moved and the tees are marked by landscaping flags.

well just booked my condo for next memorial day, so hopefully it is still up and running by then because Turtle Bay is gorgeous!

That guy is a lunatic and he is oppressing disc golf on the islands. He is one of the reasons why they cant get more public courses. He is not a local but a transplant from Texas and all the DGers there hate him because of what he does to degrade the scene and bother local officials about the Poli.

Do not listen to anything he has to say, its all BS gibberish.

Interesting that he claims to have been banned for life from the PDGA, yet doesn't appear on their disciplinary action list.

Guy seems like your run of the mill, tin foil hat wearing, paranoid conspiracy theorist. Everything he does is right and righteous, and everything that contradicts his world view is not only wrong, but evil and out to get him. Don't these guys usually live in cabins in the woods?

And holy crap, apparently I'm facebook friends with the guy. Probably accepted his friend request years ago because he was a disc golfer and immediately put him on the "don't show me this person's posts" list since I didn't know him personally. Guess I've been missing out on some entertainment in my news feed all this time.

Actually you are not far off, he lives in a shipping container on the south end of the big island.

It was worth reading this thread just to read some of Bobby's notes.

I would love to see some signs he would carry around in Hawaii

funny-pictures-funny-homeless-bum-signs-14.png

One of Bobby's beefs has to do with "censored records." Apparently, he had two aces in a single round at Waterloo several years ago, one of which was a skip. He claims that PDGA officials have failed to acknowledge, or "censored," his record, wiping him from the PDGA's record books. I have no idea what the truth of that matter is, though the two aces are attested to by a variety of folks. At any rate, that's a central part of his critique.

Uum, right. Question, how many other 'first' world countries are there? (Hint: England, Germany, Canada, all fall into second world.) To the landfill!

if Canada is second world, then USA is third world for sure. everywhere I have been in the states has been pretty grimey.