• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's with this "Don't nice me bro" stuff?

If somebody nices me I tell them to stop. If they don't I make little noises while they throw or get onto their peripheral vision. If they continue I will throw an acorn at them when they're not looking. I hate when people talk to my discs.

You would be warned and then stroked for courtesy violation. "nicing" while a disc is in the air is very different than making noise or distracting someone while they are throwing.

If somebody nices me I tell them to stop. If they don't I make little noises while they throw or get onto their peripheral vision. If they continue I will throw an acorn at them when they're not looking. I hate when people talk to my discs.

Do you get jealous?

Over here, if someone 'nices' you mid flight and it hits a tree or some other obstacle, it is reffered to as 'niced in the back' or 'getting niced in the back'...its a bit of fun but if you are having a tree hacking day, its not fun after a few holes.

I also use just "shot", not that nice shot is too long and don't know when it started but me and my buddies say it in all golf. Just put emphasis on it and take it down a couple of octaves. Seems to me the old school serious guys are more apt to not like it when u say nice shot, shot or anything for that matter while their disc is in the air. These are generally not casual round players in my experience and usually when they don't play well they are miserable. I am superstisious to a point but to get as upset as some people get about nice is rediculous.

You would be warned and then stroked for courtesy violation. "nicing" while a disc is in the air is very different than making noise or distracting someone while they are throwing.

I'm a ventriloquist and I make noises like crickets or birds so they never know its me. And I ALWAYS make sure nobody's looking if I throw an acorn.

I have a hard time keeping up with these newfangled memes. Is it still okay to say, "Nice shot!," after a successful ace?

/Back in MY day, you'd just be happy to encounter another human being who knew what Disc Golf even was!

I have a hard time keeping up with these newfangled memes. Is it still okay to say, "Nice shot!," after a successful ace?

/Back in MY day, you'd just be happy to encounter another human being who knew what Disc Golf even was!

no way

1. your nice could pop that right out of the basket. wait until the disc is in his hand before saying anything.

2. it's possible that an ace isn't that great on that hole for that player. he may ace that one regularly. you don't want to risk offending him by assuming he doesn't.

I picture you yelling this at the rest of us while sitting on your porch in a rocking chair with a lemonade...and shaking your cane at us.

What the hell. People are really concerned about "nice shot?" grow some skin. Here's a little known tip. NOTHING SAID ONCE THE DISC IS IN THE AIR MATTERS. What's done is done. Anything else is superstition, and if it bothers you, you probably shouldn't play in a tournament. As soon as someone notices it is screwing you up in a tourney, i wouldn't doubt some light(or heavy) attempts to insure your "tilt" continues.

I'm going to invent a Disc that has a built-in speaker powered by a battery with a centripetal switch that loudly says, "NICE SHOT...NICE SHOT...NICE SHOT...NICE SHOT..." until it lands.

I get mad when people talk to my disc because their vocal waves can actually change the flight of the disc.

Also, I'm a stupid idiot.

tumblr_lzi90hW2bT1qd8t4mo1_500.gif

NIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!!

Latest posts