• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] What's your favourite disc for a good long hyzerflip?

Prodigy D4 and Innova Krait are my hyzerflip bombers. Hyzerflip is my go-to shot!
Pro Leopard for shorter drives

A fairway driver, but still great is the Biofuzion Thief. The Lucid I have has a bit of fade at the end, but the Bios I have thrown all flip from a slight hyzer and finish very straight. It's not going to be as understable as a Sidewinder out of the box, but will season into a very good spot that is not too understable but also easy enough to throw on those tight tunnel shots. The real problem with this disc in this plastic is finding bright color ones. Most are really ugly and dark or dull colors, ie, not great for throwing in the woods.

I've had varying levels of success with Sorcerers, Renegades, and Bolts. Of those 3, Bolts probably flew the furthest. It's purely anecdotal but their champion style plastics seems to fly a little further than the equivalent star plastics for me. I would also suggest something in the 165-170 range.

Shout out for Star Terns though. Great hyzer flip and turnover disc. Maybe you can buy a trilogy disc to trade for one. :D

I like hatchets, underworlds and tursas. All of them are from westside. I hyzerflip all of them well with the hatchet flying the furthest.

Flipping Hatchets is one of my favorite things. It's like getting a consistant Valkyrie in plastic I like. That said, there is no substitute for a Stable/Overstable disc that you have seasoned in. I use Destroyers, PDs, Teebirds, and I am currently working on a Sampo. They get to hold onto their HSS and stay nice and controlable without getting too flippy.

Soo many. Just for perspective. The cyclone was my hyzer flip disc back in the day. Right now as in what have I thrown last would probably be a king or tern. Shorter range would be one of my less stable saints.

how long of a shot we talking? and flip to flat or turnover?

My favs to hyzer flip are z comets, sFD, and pPD.

I learned how to hyzerflip to flat with a 171 champ panther, which is a blast to hyzer flip too. A nicely worn dx teebird will flip and lock into straight like no other disc I've thrown though.