• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your putting swagger?

What's your putting swagger? (See 1st post)

• Mr. Jab Snapper

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Mr. Freeze

Votes: 25 7.8%
  • The Fidgeter

Votes: 25 7.8%
  • The Artisan

Votes: 58 18.1%
  • Mr. Tai Chi

Votes: 93 29.1%
  • The Multi-tasker

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • The Sumo

Votes: 11 3.4%
  • Mr. Nonchalant

Votes: 37 11.6%
  • Mr. Common

Votes: 95 29.7%
  • Mr. Handbook

Votes: 26 8.1%

• Total voters
delete

Last edited:
non-chalant if im 10' an in,
common 15'
multi tasker if its late and my round is total garbage.

artisan if 30'+ but didnt vote that.

im not that good at putting

Mr Common. If I take too much time, I definitely miss. I actually take more time on my drives off the tee than I do with my putts. Maybe you could start a "How do you drive" poll.

I dont straddle putt my I definitely get some good knee bend sumo style. As long as the putt is outside 20 ft. Otherwise its mr nonchalant

I went with Mr. Tai Chi, since when my putting game is going good my left leg lifts like a dog next to a fire hydrant. No accidents yet though :D "The dog and hydrant style" helps get me to lean/point right into the chains.

The closest analogy I can make to my putting routine, is a pro basketball player making a free throw.
I get my feet planted so my balance is good, I slide the disc around in my hand to a nice smooth part, I look around to make sure its my turn, and everyone is clear, look down at my disc to confirm its the right one, pick my line, anny, straight, hyzer, or flop, one last sniff at the wind to determine direction, eyes on the red tape, then toss.

I am familiar with all the styles you listed in the poll, but I'm none of those, so I'm creating a new category, the "free throw shooter ", thats me.

bump for the n00bs! I've slowly evolved into only Mr. Common pretty much. :D

Mr. Common for me, I take a second to think about the wind and my stance, then try to stop thinking and let my body do what I've practiced. It makes me anxious to watch the preparations a lot of players seem to have with jerky motions or 15 seconds of practice arm motions, I can't imagine doing that before every putt personally.

Despite my written process I am very calm. Also you wouldn't know I had a routine without me pointing it out. So I guess I am Mr. Nonchalant.

But Mr. Jab Snapper reminds me of a guy I see on my local course who "jabs" his arm probably 20 times before his throw or putt. Glad I haven't played a round with him yet... but I suppose I should.

Mr. Handbook/Mr. Common. Everything else is funny to watch.

I would say I am Mr. Common as well, though with about 2 seconds of Mr. Freeze before I start my weight transfer.

When I straddle put I am Mr. Sumo as well :D. I like to use my legs.

Mr. Tai chi. Back foot, front foot exactly 3 times along with a practice jab/snap, while staring at the stripe on the pole inside the chains. OK maybe Mr. O.C.D.