• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

When did you figure out you had enough of all the new discs?

I like trying new ones, but I certainly can't keep up with all the plastic options, manufacturers and molds. These days I tend to discover discs more because I lost one, and still have this old disc I haven't thrown for a few years, and didn't really give a chance before, rather than going out and buying more. My pocketbook is happy about that.

I think I've just about finished my compulsive disc purchases for now.... cause I think I have a disc for just about every shot I would ever throw..... and my bag is full.

Discs replaced my obsessive purchasing of old school vinyl dance records-lets see what comes next.

It took phases through Lat64, MVP, Vibram, Innova/Discraft and finally a return to Vibram over my brief almost 3 years with the game. I discovered that it didn't really matter what manufacturer I threw, I scored pretty much the same. A Teebird clone is still going to fly kind of like a Teebird.

never. that's the fun part to DG these days. People stuck on old molds with a million backups are who I feel sorry for. Hell even pros these days are not using the "go-to" molds they once bagged forever SPECAILLY in 2015.

they are just round flying things and its fun to try them out. Plastic technology is always improving as well as designs/techniques or even the equipment which is being used to make the discs and so on.

Do you think golfers don't keep up on the newest clubs, balls, etc?! Fishermen not checking out new reels, tackle, line? the list goes on and on and on.

You feel sorry that someone found what works for them and decided to stock up?

For years I've thrown my friends discs when they tell me about the new hotness.

I try them out and give them a fair chance.

Guess what I find? That the new hotness flies a lot like the discs I already have in my bag.

The discs I've had in my bag for years.

So go ahead and throw the new Destroyer, Firebird, Roc, Aviar clone. Or the elusive Teebird knock-off.

I already have those discs.