• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

when did you guys play your first tourny

I also played my first tournament just a few weeks after discovering disc golf.

The local players I met on the course said it would be a great opportunity to the see the top players and learn more. They were right! Play in the lowest division offered.

Don't worry about looking like an idiot, most disc golfers already have you beat in that department!:p

^He asked the guys not the girls. :D :D

Definitely play in the lowest division allowed.

After playing for just over two years, I'm playing in my first tournament tomorrow. Well, I played in the Vibram Birdie Bash but I didn't consider that to be a tournament; it was more of an event where you buy two discs for a discount and they throw in some slightly competitive rounds with the purchase for free. :D

On to tomorrow, I'm sure glad to see that the weather has been perfect for the last 2 weeks that I've been practicing the course, now they're predicting 20-30mph winds from the opposite direction than they normally are. Haha. Oklahoma disc golf! Still though, I'm excited to see how I measure up.

I played my first tournament after about 10 or so months of disc golfing. I wasn't great but I think experiencing the tournament setting and playing with better players than me really helped improve my game.

Hey bittle, are you playing in the Noble tourney tomorrow?

No but I might swing by and watch when I get done working. Wind shouldn't hurt you too bad on that course as long as you can backhand and forehand fairly well. 1-4 and 8 and 14 should be the only holes really affected by north wind. I wish I was playing tomorrow. I love that course.