• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are all the Cheetas?

I agree wholeheartedly but do you find it odd that Cheetah is always shown as more stable than the Leo on the useless charts?

Never really understood it either, it's just not more stable. Not saying they should switch spots or anything, they're very close. But, nearly all DX Leo start turning about 280' stars vary from 280-320, champs generally the same, but more often closer to 300-320 than anything. Now the Pro's start off like a star, obviously beating in faster, but get to turning around 280 faster and more reliable than Dx. I prefer Pro, Star, then Dx. But, I also prefer the old Pro and Dx. So I'm very picky with the Leo. I sold all mine and no longer own any good ones. Only some old stamp Dx.

and to the person saying we're talking bad about it. I'm definitely not meaning anything I've said about it in a bad way. It's perfect for younger kids, low power players and girls too.

The reason that the Cheetah is more stable then the leo is because of the Kc Pro plastic that it was made in made it more stable. Now that it is only made in the Dx plastic it is no where near as stable.

The old DX Cheetah's were still less stable than the DX Leo's. Plus, the Kc's start out more stable, but more of them are lighter weight so they always end up less stable than a Leo. The Kc plastic wa run after DX, lol. They're not much better.

Last edited:
Lets see a picture of that cheetah you bought? I do have one KC Pro cheetah left if anyone is looking to buy.

Lion... Tigur... Cheetah... it's meant to be... but here it is. I took it with the flash to show the sparkles :thmbup:

Attachments

• IMG_20110603_181705.jpg
    IMG_20110603_181705.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 24
As a fanatical KC Pro fan-boy, perhaps I can enlighten the discussion.
Yes, I hear there was a limited run of Champ Cheetahs. Good luck trying to get one.
The 11x KC Pro Cheetah and some late 10x's were made of a champy plastic. They are generally more stable than the older 10x's.
Most people who throw KC Pro Cheetahs keep them hidden away. You can sometimes find a deal, but lately a new 11x is going for $30 plus and a new 10x is going for $25 plus.
Throwers in decent condition are $20 plus.
Prices seem to be climbing...

As far as Leos go, I have a difficult time with the grip. My own fault, but I tend to release Leos early. Also, in my limited experience, a Leo in the same plastic and weight is more stable than a Cheetah.

BTW, I'm ALWAYS in the market for a KC Pro Cheetah thrower.
PM me if you wanna sell...

I have one of those limited run champ cheetahs and I will entertain any offers if you are looking to have it

i love the dx cheetah, got my first 2 aces with it. its totally beat in now, being dx plastic, and i can throw it basically vertical and it will still turn over and roll. ive since retired it and have it hanging up as a trophy disc. i do agree with everyone saying if you dont have a lot of power its a great driver, but once you start to turn it over, time to get a more stable disc, such as the stalker i got to replace it

Latest posts