• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are the Pros at USDGC?

I am rooting for the champ to somehow pull off the impossible and win this thing.....would be perhaps his most amazing accomplishment

I think it is awesome. The chance to play an amazing course with those conditions. Your goal is to best yourself each day. If you can play above your average game four days straight you've got a chance.

I beat Feldberg who is in the lead group really wants this as much as he has wanted any tournament.

People need to give this a chance.

People need to give this a chance.

I'll give it a chance when they call it something else. The Disc Golf Championships of the USA should be a format where whoever shoots the lowest score over the tournament is the winner.

Obviously the top pros are like local pros...they dont want any competiton and wanna be guaranteed cash at every event at the expense of AMS...to actually compete on a level playing field with others who have forked over the same money obviously they think its unfair.......what a bunch of baggers :popcorn:

That right there is hilarious.

They work at disc golf for a living. No money, no play. And none of those guys are scared of competition, they compete with each other all season...what, this was a troll job right? got me.

In order for this handicap system to work are we assuming that the ratings system is accurate?

Lots of assumptions, the biggest one is that the sample for all players is accurate to current skills...which if you look at the guy in the lead right now, is not. They used last years rounds because he only has 2 on the books for this year. Brilliant system there...

no wonder we get made fun of on TV.

I agree with what was said earlier...the concept itself is interesting but it shouldn't have the usdgc name attached to it. My local club runs a handicap league over the summer, and it does a great job of attracting casuals to the league. Every summer though the winner is the guy who was a n00b for a long time and decided to play a lot and actually try to get better that particular summer. There's nothing wrong with somebody trying to get better, but it's definitely hard to stop him when he has a 15 stroke handicap and keeps getting better.

In a perfect world the concept would work well, but that's assuming the rating is an accurate reflection of the golfer. It's pretty common for people to play better than their ratings show. Maybe they don't play a bunch of tournaments and their last few have been subpar. I'd definitely love the chance to play on a card with some pros that normally I wouldn't ever get to play with. To do so at the usdgc just seems wrong to me though. That and the worlds should be for the best golfers, period.

The scoreboard has Climo with a DNF for today's round. Did he drop out?!

I haven't heard anything specifically about it but was wondering that myself. He skipped a lot of tournaments this year because of some serious tendonitis. It could have flared up again. You can find him talking about it when Liz Carr interviewed him at the PDGA championships.

lol, I would totally play that tournament if I was in the area. My rating is 910 because it hasn't been updated for two years. I play a few average rounds and I'd be one of the top players in the tourney...

What a ****ty system

I was qualified but I chose not to go, it's just kinda hard to drop a grand or so for a trophy only event.

56/61/66 puts Feldberg 7 back of the leader (85/73/81), so I can see why most pros skipped it. With so many round scores near or over 100 (same as I'd probably shoot), it's certainly not showcasing the best dg in the nation. Isn't this why there's an AmNats/AmWorlds?

I was out there yesterday... I got out of my truck and watched a guy throw a stalled hyzer into the water on 5 50 feet short then lay up and throw another disc in the water followed by another lay up... WOW. If you go buy the Rocs; say hello to your friends that are there, get back in your car and leave. Go to Charlotte and get ready for Worlds.... LAME

tried to watch the Champ day 1. it was tuff to watch people throw the same shot OB 3-4 times. I had to stop watching after 3 holes... Cam told me He had 3 100+ rounds on his cards the 1st 2 rounds. thats tuff for a open player to get into any kind of groove...

So a 880 rated player is now the current U.S. champion, another reason I chose to not go.