• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are the tournament videos?

Stover

Par Member
So last year we had multiple high quality videos of almost every tournament. This year it seems like there is only coverage of the memorial out there.

Am I missing something or are there just no videos out there? Also.. Is this lack of production due to the cost and the people creating them last year just couldn't get the funding?

I really miss the coverage and am just wondering if anyone knows the reason.

Well for one, there really haven't been any big tournaments with all of the top names since the Memorial, so there probably hasn't been much emphasis on filming anything. I'm sure that will change next month.

SpinTV covered the Aussie open. One person posted 6 rounds from the GCC, Marty and Central Coast have been posting lots of footage... Not sure what you're on about.

Also, if you haven't checked out Pure Hyzer Prouctions you should. They've been pushing out some good content and the latest video (2015 St. Patrick's Classic) looks to be a big step forward. For now it looks to be mostly footage from the NorCal area but you still get Nikko, Ricky, Barsby, James Proctor and even Rico depending on the tournaments, plus other top NorCal players.

Is marty only going to be making videos for prodigy? I hope this is not the end of mcfly so high videos.

Is marty only going to be making videos for prodigy? I hope this is not the end of mcfly so high videos.

It sure seems like he's been contracted by Prodigy for videos. I think that's why he didn't film the whole lead group at USDGC in the last round, last year. All of his recent videos feature Prodigy players (might just be coincidence since they are some of the best players in the game still) so I think that assumption can be made.

Round 2 of of TX States are up now too. Jomez puts out some quality stuff.

So last year we had multiple high quality videos of almost every tournament. This year it seems like there is only coverage of the memorial out there.

Am I missing something or are there just no videos out there? Also.. Is this lack of production due to the cost and the people creating them last year just couldn't get the funding?

I really miss the coverage and am just wondering if anyone knows the reason.

Sorry, I lost control on this right off the bat.

There's at least 8 or 9 vids out of the Memorial, at LEAST.
There's MPO coverage.
There's FPO coverage.
There's coverage from every round.
There's coverage from multiple sources.
And there's lots and lots of coverage of the final round, the finish, and even vids with commentary by Jerm, McBeast, Simon, etc. Marty's vids of the event are even available in 4k.
And that's even disregarding the live stream we were given during the event.

A simple search on YouTube or even google, and you'd know there's a LOT more than just one video of the Memorial.

Nevermind all the other tourney vids that have popped up.

Yeah when I just did a blanket search for disc golf on youtube yesterday I couldn't believe how many different channels covered the memorial. It's amazing that with the exception of Terry you all managed to stay out of each other's shots the whole time.

I am subscribed to close to 30 Youtube channels at the moment, so I suppose my feed will catch most of the tournament videos released. But I wonder why it has to be this way? If there was one channel, say "PDGA TV", which showed all tournament videos (with decent quality), would that not help people in finding disc golf content? More views could generate more revenue for video makers, players, tournament organizers and even PDGA. I don't know, maybe there is a reason this is a stupid idea.

I am subscribed to close to 30 Youtube channels at the moment, so I suppose my feed will catch most of the tournament videos released. But I wonder why it has to be this way? If there was one channel, say "PDGA TV", which showed all tournament videos (with decent quality), would that not help people in finding disc golf content? More views could generate more revenue for video makers, players, tournament organizers and even PDGA. I don't know, maybe there is a reason this is a stupid idea.

I like your idea. Have the PDGA review the videos before posting and approve them to be on their channel. The PDGA would have to come up with some standard graphics and methodologies for filming to fit into their guidelines. I'm sure someone could come up with a "film makers guideline" paperwork. Each approved video submitted into the PDGA will fetch who ever filmed it either a cut of the profit or just a straight check of a standard amount. Tier the payments to reflect the tier of the tournament and the round covered. Not only could the PDGA put this up on their youtube channel and website, but they could also sell DVDs/Bluerays. In all reality it would help #growthesport and would also benefit both parties as well as benefiting the viewers.

It's still early in the season. I help Ian with CCDG and we're definitely going to be at Masters, I think he's trying to get to Beaver State Fling maybe, and there's been discussions about worlds, we'll see. Still early in the season.

We also have to consider that most of these guys are doing this on their own dime. They don't have big budgets or sponsors that let them quit their jobs to film disc golf tournaments. Those who are sponsored probably get gas and lodging money and that's it. Be patient.

Latest posts