• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where did you hear about DGCR?

I was looking for more courses in my area, and this was the 3rd site to come up under "disc golf courses". Been using this site ever since.

This is just something I'm kind of curious about. When I first launched the site at the end of May I posted it on various local forums but since then I haven't done much promotion other than posting fliers at the courses I play (if there's a spot to post one). With almost 350 members, 500+ reviews and many more non-registered players, the site is definitely on it's way to becoming the resource I hoped it would be when I first started it.

But back to the question at hand, where did you hear about the site?

I heard about it from you spamming the dgr boards every time you updated your site. I love the main site and use it a lot. Thanks for all of your hard work.

^^^ just be thick skinned some of these peeps have a lot of time on their hands, but all in all it's very entertaining and truly can be informative...

oh and hyperlink from the pdga website i think... maybe an accidental google while going to the pdga site... anyway i search courses out here now needless to say...

HEY! I don't have a lot of time on my hands!!! Just cause I make photoshop pictures for the the Disc Golf throughout History thread doesn't mean...

Okay, so I've got some free time! :D
I've started playing around 2 months ago. I have fallen in a deep, deep addiction with the sport. Yesterday I met two guys while zi was playing at Tueplo Bay, here in Myrtle Beach, where I currently on vacation. They both we're members. (RussMB and justin). Both we're super friendly guys who told me about the site for tips, discussions, and a way to keep up with scores/courses and what not. Kudos to RussMB and justin!

:hfive:

Hey thanks man! He's right about the thick skin, but its all good! :) Hope you made it back safely. Let me know when you are in town again.

Just searched on google for disc golf courses and found it and I have been using it to travel all over michigan and play some great course. This is a great site!

I've started playing around 2 months ago. I have fallen in a deep, deep addiction with the sport. Yesterday I met two guys while zi was playing at Tueplo Bay, here in Myrtle Beach, where I currently on vacation. They both we're members. (RussMB and justin). Both we're super friendly guys who told me about the site for tips, discussions, and a way to keep up with scores/courses and what not. Kudos to RussMB and justin!

:hfive:
Hey, it was great meeting you and your crew Wes. I'm so glad you were happy to let us talk your ear off about DGCR. I've always said I think this site is the best thing to happen to disc golf on the web. Looks like the rest of the world is starting to agree with me.

I think I found the site in April 2006 (pretty early on). Tim had posted a link on the NEFA (New England Flying Disc Assoc) forum and then he got lambasted for unwanted advertizing. He apologized and said he didn't think he was doing anything wrong. Then he was apologized to because the lambaster thought Tim was trying to sell something and didn't look at the link. Fools!

Have I mentioned I F-ing love this place and all you fine folks? I don't even go on my local boards anymore.

I just did a google search for Winston Salem Disc Golf, and I think the links to some of the nearby courses were the first things on the list.

Last Summer, the Discgolfer mag ran an article reviewing DG Websites. This was one of them. There are other DG websites? :confused:

Buddy of mine always had the 'lowdown' on new courses we could play. Finally started looking at this site myself, and finally joined the forum a few months ago.